Uniden BC250D Digital Scanner APCO P-25 Card Included!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookem202

Ok im looking at a Uniden BC250D Digital Scanner with APCO P-25 Card Included!!

Would this cover my area or would i need to try to find a 396T?

Part of Houston Texas and my local sherriffs run 700mhz.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
car2back said:
Should work for the STARNET and Houston type II systems
NO. Wrong information.

The BC250D is not capable of working with the STARNet P25 system. It doesn't work with any P25 TRS, that is why it was replaced by the BC296D. Also, the BC250 will not be upgraded in relation to rebanding of the 800 MHz band and is not capable of working in the 700 MHz band at all; for that matter neither is the 296. You had indicated you had found a 396 for a reasonable price. Go with that. For your needs, where you are, the only radios currently on the market that will serve your purposes are the BCD396T or the BCD996T.

You could wait until next month or December for the newer GRE ones if you want to be part of the "help find the bugs" crowd.

hookem202

loumaag said:
NO. Wrong information.

The BC250D is not capable of working with the STARNet P25 system. It doesn't work with any P25 TRS, that is why it was replaced by the BC296D. Also, the BC250 will not be upgraded in relation to rebanding of the 800 MHz band and is not capable of working in the 700 MHz band at all; for that matter neither is the 296. You had indicated you had found a 396 for a reasonable price. Go with that. For your needs, where you are, the only radios currently on the market that will serve your purposes are the BCD396T or the BCD996T.

You could wait until next month or December for the newer GRE ones if you want to be part of the "help find the bugs" crowd.

Just an update. When my paypal payment goes through i will have a BCD396T that i puchased from another forum member. Im excited!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
hookem202 said:
Just an update. When my paypal payment goes through i will have a BCD396T that i puchased from another forum member. Im excited!
Well I am glad that you did not make a mistake. I am pretty sure you will find the 396 just what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.