Can you tell me why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

Hello all, I'm a new forum member and have areal quick question.. I have the BCD996T and it says - not including cellular and UHF TV bands.. ok I can understand cells.. but why UHF TV? Thanks all

Last edited:

ibagli

There's probably little traffic other than the television broadcasts in that band. I don't think it's a particular legal issue.

fineshot1

Tryton said:
Hello all, I'm a new forum member and have areal quick question.. I have the BCD996T and it says - not including cellular and UHF TV bands.. ok I can understand cells.. but why UHF TV? Thanks all

According to all the specs I have seen online it does cover ( 470.000-512.000 MHz ) the UHF TV band in 12.5khz steps. Am I missing something?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Design parameters. No legal issue, as ibagli has aleady indicated. The T-Band (a limited use, small portion of the UHF TV spectrum) is included as is the PS portion of the 700 MHz UHF TV Band no longer used for TV.

Tryton

Thanks for all your replys!, It's just funny, this is a very expensive scanner.. one would think it would have all the bands less cellular.. o-well I guess I'm not missing much In that band I hope...

spiritwolfpr

Hello Friends:
Be very carefull with the things you should not hear.
A friend of mine(Not a Ham) was surprissed with a
handheld scanner modified for cells frequecies and he is till
in the big brig house.

SCANdal

Silent Key
This could be interesting...

spirit,

This "friend" of yours...what exactly was he convicted of? By whom? And how long is the sentence he is serving?

SCANdal

Last edited:

SCANdal

Silent Key
Still not sure how the scanner is related to all of this...

The question was dodged...

What was he convicted of to earn a five year sentence from a federal court?

Last edited:

cpuerror

Tryton said:
Thanks for all your replys!, It's just funny, this is a very expensive scanner.. one would think it would have all the bands less cellular.. o-well I guess I'm not missing much In that band I hope...

The old TV UHF channels, 69+ i believe would run right over the cell phone bands. Back when cells where analog, it was actually possible to (barely) listen to conversations using an old non-remote-control TV tuned into the UHF channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.