Running a person through ACS/ATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

What do cops check people through these systems? Just warrants and criminal history, or is there more to this check? Do cops check for illegal aliens by running through these systems? What does ACS and ATS stand for? I couldnt find any info online so I'm asking here. Thanks.

xpawel15x

ecps92

NCIC, NLETS and local DB's

Yup and each state has a different Statewide System.

LEAPS/CJIS - Mass
Collect - CT
RILETS - RI
SPOTS - NH

N1GTL said:
20 years in law enforcement and I have never heard of ACS/ATS. Nationally there is NCIC and NLETS. The ones you mention may be state specific.

Read the first two paragraphs here about NLETS:
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps274/c1042/cdccont_0900aecd80333b39.pdf

NCIC explained here:
http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Another one for California is

California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS)

boatbod

xpawel15x said:
Do cops check for illegal aliens by running through these systems? What does ACS and ATS stand for?

No I don't believe so. Around here, the cops don't really seem to care about illegals, just so long as they have valid license/registration/insurance. Definitively finding out if someone was illegal would probably require cooperation from USCIS (US citizenship & imigration service) or ICE (immigration & customs enforcement).

crazyboy

boatbod said:
No I don't believe so. Around here, the cops don't really seem to care about illegals, just so long as they have valid license/registration/insurance. Definitively finding out if someone was illegal would probably require cooperation from USCIS (US citizenship & imigration service) or ICE (immigration & customs enforcement).

Kinda hard to be illegal and have a valid license, no?

Viper43

crazyboy said:

They give em out like candy in Indiana... unless of course your a US citizen and they don't like your birth certificate, but if your Mexican show up with forged documents your in and out with a shiny new license in no time, well, other than waiting in line 4 hours.

Indiana's "wanted sytem" is known as "Justice"

V

crazyboy

Viper43 said:
They give em out like candy in Indiana... unless of course your a US citizen and they don't like your birth certificate, but if your Mexican show up with forged documents your in and out with a shiny new license in no time, well, other than waiting in line 4 hours.

Indiana's "wanted sytem" is known as "Justice"

V

Wow, thanks for the info.

boatbod

crazyboy said:

Most of the "agricultural" workers around here have cars registered in TN. Some appear to have "valid" licenses too, but I'd bet most of those are obtained with fake documents.

Recently I heard a car full of illegals getting pulled for expired tags. Not one of them had any Id, but the PD let them all go after issuing a few citations that I'm sure were never going to be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.