Will any scanner do EDACS multi-site trunking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I live in Oklahoma City and we now have a multi-site (actually two-site simulcast) EDACS system in place. It's part analog and part ProVoice (which shouldn't matter for the question). The problem is that w/ my BC246T, I have to enter all the talkgroups twice - once for each system -- that is, one system for the metro site and one for the rural site. I understand that the 246 will never support multi-site trunking, but all I've heard about multi-site trunking only talks about Motorola and P25. So is there a scanner that will trunk an EDACS system w/ two sites in the same system, so the TGs only have to be programmed in once? This question would include the new GRE scanners.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I don't own either one of these (yet) but shouldn't a BC15 or BCD996T do that? I am pretty sure sites are a seperate from systems in them.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
h8tdigitalradio said:
Yes Lou, you can Multi-Site EDACS with the BCT15 or BCD996T.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter
I still have to get one of those. :)

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how the OOUI of the new GRE will handle this? Should be able to share the talk groups if I understand the object oriented interface.

Gilligan

Database Admin
LEH said:
I wonder how the OOUI of the new GRE will handle this? Should be able to share the talk groups if I understand the object oriented interface.
Well it talked about multi-site in the manual but only mentioned it in reference to Motorola and P25 systems...

SCPD

QRT
I used to have a 996T and on the TASGRN which is EDACS based I could never get it to work that way, maybe I was doing something wrong????

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Gilligan said:
Well it talked about multi-site in the manual but only mentioned it in reference to Motorola and P25 systems...
From page 65 of the OM .pdf: "Multi-site functionality is not available in EDACS or LTR trunking." Since you program each site as part of one system in the BCD996T or BCT15, this works quite well.

OT: What is kool is the OOUI of the PSR500 allows you to just program LTR frequencies, and it automatically sets the LCN for you. Neat Feature. :D

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Gilligan

Database Admin
From page 65 of the OM .pdf: "Multi-site functionality is not available in EDACS or LTR trunking."
Just curious if GRE has figured out a workaround for this yet...?

I think I remember reading one suggestion that you could use the same list of talkgroups and attach them to two separate systems, but after reading the manual, it looks like the talkgroups must only be assigned to one system and not two, so I doubt that would work.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Just an update to this thread. The upcoming and soon to be released Uniden BCD396XT and BC346XT can Multi-Site MOT, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Systems.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've deleted the comments in this thread which derailed it. Please pay attention to the OP's question(s) in the future (generally speaking). Some of you - okay, one of you - needs to reevaluate your tact when replying to others comments. Lets keep things civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.