Pro 2096 vs. bcd996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Jerry_

I currently have a pro 2055 and love it. A couple of areas around me have already switched to digital and I need to upgrade. I know that the 996t has compatibility for 700mhz and gps based scanning, but other than that is there really much more of an advantage over the 2096? Also, currently, I have each county/jurisdiction programmed into it's own bank and would like to know if the pro 2096 and 996t hold channels and trunked systems differently?I would rather not spend the extra money if I don't have to, and would rather not have to switch from radio shack scanners and start of new with the uniden. What do all of you all think?

Last edited:

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
i dont know much, but i do know that the 996T is like a GPS scanner, really advanced, but it all comes down to what YOU need, and what YOU want.

jcecklund

sjcscanner said:
i dont know much, but i do know that the 996T is like a GPS scanner, really advanced, but it all comes down to what YOU need, and what YOU want.

It also scans 700 mhz, the 2096 won't do that

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
You could also wait for the PSR-600 by GRE to be released in December. I am sure the bugs that are issues for the 500 will be fixed by then.

hoser147

As Stick mentioned you may want to look at the GRE line....GRE and Uniden has made scanners for Radio Shack. The 2096 is a nice scanner however I would take a look at the GRE 500 or as Stick said the 600 will be out in December. You can use a portable as a base if you want, not sure if you'd be interested in that or not. There are numerous threads here on all the radio"s and Im sure members will give ya top notch advise.Also your 2055 is a GRE scanner................... Good Scannin Hoser

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.