What Scanner??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmsmark

do you know what scanner gets the state police channels but not cost a arm and a leg?

I have a BCT8 but I was told that it can not get it due to the fact that it only gets analog channels

Viper43

For WHAT STATE? I'm assuming it's digital, but some digital systems are not able to be copied by any scanner....and digital is expensive no matter what.

V

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
fmsmark said:
ok got that part what is a good scanner?

I edited my above post with a list of scanners that will work. They are all good scanners, it's really a matter of personal preference. Do you want a base/mobile unit or a handheld? I love my 396, others prefer the RS/GRE models.

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you live in an area where two zones/control channels over-lap in coverage, I don't know about the other scanners but in the Uniden 396T you can program each zone as a seperate system and lock out the ones you don't want/need to hear. I particularly like this feature. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions about this scanner.

n2mdk

The digitals are not cheap that's for sure, there are a lot of people selling their Pro-96 on here. That might be your best bet, looking at the CT State Police frequencies you are going to want one that can be rebanded, so the Pr0-96 is still viable since it can be. The Pro-2096 is the base/mobile version of the Pro-96

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
fmsmark said:
but not cost a arm and a leg?
Unfortunately, a new digital scanner is going to cost around $500. Radio Shack had their scanners on sale, but I believe that ended yesterday. You can try looking on ebay, that's where I got my 396 for $400. Another good place to look would be some local pawn shops. I got a PRO-96 for $199 at a pawn shop and ended up selling it on ebay.
Here is a place selling the PRO-2096 for $349.99.
http://www.overstockdealz.com/products.asp?id=PRO-2096R
They are not brand new but "like new." Someone else mentioned that site in a post, they bought a scanner from them and were very happy with the item and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.