FCC Search Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

I thought the 'Old' search pattern was way better than the one they have now.
If they thought this new system is a better scheme, then they need to fire the people that created it.
The old way was simple, clean, and easy to use; the new way is cumbersome, more difficult to get the info you want and just plain useless.
Why would you not put a simple State/County frequency listing? You used to get a simple, straight forward list, then click on the agency you wanted.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
After using it a few months, I find this new site more flexible and just as easy as the old ones. Unless it's something real straight-forward like a callsign or FRN search, I usually go straight to either the Advanced or Geographic search options, and enter as much or as little info as necessary

Attachments

• wireless2.jpg
    wireless2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 215

rockag41

Premium Subscriber
You can combine the Advanced Search with the Geographic Search to make it even more flexable. You will need to go to the Advanced Search and then select the Geographic option at the bottom of the screen.

Steveradio

I started using the zip code search how ever not all pages seem to display for some areas? I would only really like new/pending license searches to be made easier unless they have a way to find this already. Prefer looking up by State or even county if still possible.

If anybody has better tips on this please let me know,

Steve

rockag41

Premium Subscriber
You can go to the advanced search and select the time frame desired (for example the last 30 days) the go to geographic to select the state and county. That's the way I get the latest info.

captclint

Mentor
Steveradio said:
I started using the zip code search how ever not all pages seem to display for some areas?
Problem with zip code search is that they use licensee addresses rather than transmitter sites, and there can be quite a few miles difference.
I would only really like new/pending license searches to be made easier unless they have a way to find this already. Prefer looking up by State or even county if still possible.
Here's another alternative site for just that: http://freqofnature.net:8080/grants/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.