Is there any way to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentley

Sort of an off the wall question, BUT...

Is there any way for me to use a pair of headphones to simultaneously listen to my scanner and TV? I already have the headphones plugged into the TV (so the wife doesnt complain) but I use a pillow speaker for the scanner at night. Obviously I cannot hear the pillow speaker with the headphones on. In other words, I'd like to listen to two devices thru one set of headphones. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shortwavewave

What you could do is get a pair of wireless head phones radio shack sells em for about 40 or 50buxs

get a spliter and plug the scanner and tv in and just mute the TV when the scanner sounds

that would be my idea

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As long as you did not mind listening to the tv audio in mono, instead of stereo, the simplest solution would be tv audio on one channel (say, right), and the scanner, which is not stereo anyway, on the other.

Back in the day I used to listen to my walkman & my CD player at the same time 'cause I would listen to news radio on my walkman and then my CD player when nothing interesting was on....and even both at times to bring out my inner DJ.

All I used was a couple of jacks & wire: mini-jack (1/8" / 3.5mm) splitter: had male mini-jack on one side, 2 female mini-jacks on the other. Except instead of plugging in two headphones, I used it the reverse-way. Grab 2 wires that have male mini-jack connectors on both sides...these go from your device's headphone jack to the female jack on the splitter. On the male side of the splitter, grab a coupler (female mini jack both sides), and your headphones go into the other side of the coupler.

radfh7.gif

Probably a bad way, but it worked.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
idea.gif
You could always tell your wife to go pound sand
w00t.gif
and listen to it like most of us do - when and where you feel like it
happy_dance.gif

Thayne

Yep, and if you decide to send the audio separately to each earphone, you might end up with a split personality--:)

ScanDaBands

Banned
Thayne said:
Yep, and if you decide to send the audio separately to each earphone, you might end up with a split personality--:)

Listen to Hawaii Five 0 and the Scanner at the same time.............:lol:

kittenheadphoneseb8.jpg

n2ops

I wired a stereo 3.5 MM jack to two mono jacks. Used a male to male mono 3.5 MM patch cord cut in half. Common ground and the center of each to the left and right tabs on the jack. This way I have either the scanner on one side and the TV on the other, or two different scanners. Works with stereo corded headphones or wireless.

ScanDaBands

Banned
Bentley said:
Thanks for all the good ideas everyone...I will let you know how it works out!

Oh, & thanks for cracking me up too!!! lol!!!

You are most welcome , if you get time to let us all know what you decided and how it worked out - I'm sure there's interest.......have a good one !!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.