Zetron consoles - Any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVPI4Ever

Does anyone have any pricing info on a Zetron console? I really like them and they save space. I am trying to convince my employer to get one to save space and we can use the extra buttons for other stuff. What would it cost about?

A typical Zetron console can run anywhere between 10k for a basic unit up to many hundreds of thousands to even Millions of dollars depending on the configuration your setup needs. Such as how many radios, where they are and how they are connected, Tone, DC, VOIP, etc. The count of dispatch positions also has a rather large impact on the price. To sum it up, asking how much is a Zetron is kind of like asking how much is a GMC? Not really enough info to give a clear answer. You may want to contact your local Motorola Radio Shop and have one of there sales guy’s come out and take a look at your requirements.

-Mike

SLWilson

Depends....

CVPI4Ever said:
Does anyone have any pricing info on a Zetron console? I really like them and they save space. I am trying to convince my employer to get one to save space and we can use the extra buttons for other stuff. What would it cost about?
It just depends on what you are looking for.....

A single position "self contained" Zetron isn't too expensive. But, if you need to control multiple towers, multiple base stations, (local control AND tone controlled) and several different agencies, THEN, you'll run into some money.

We run three Zetron positions. We have the 4018 control panels, a 4024 controller and several expander panels....

Have you tried the Zetron website?

Steve/Gallia 911

Attachments

• Console.JPG
    Console.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,055
  • Console 1.JPG
    Console 1.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 4,400
  • Console 2.jpg
    Console 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,977
  • Console 1a.JPG
    Console 1a.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 2,778
  • Console 1b.JPG
    Console 1b.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,486
Last edited:

Zetron's are fine, but today they represent less space-savings than other devices. I have three Model 4010 consoles and two Model 25 encoders. Great in the application they are in (installed in a communications vehicle, along with a PBX, satellite internet and various radio equipment). They are still big compared to a PC with console emulation software. I also have four Telex-Vega radio over IP consoles, which are just computers with sound cards, running C-Soft console program and use an Ethernet network to link between base stations both on-site and 40 miles away, all through IP. These are more powerful, have far greater flexibility and no centralized infrastructure to fail (no CEB-like equipment to get wet or destroyed).

No endorsement of Zetron or Telex-Vega implied. There are other similar products that probably work just as well. The slick part is IP connectivity (NO telephone lines at all!) and decentralized architecture (no single point of failure).

wlmr

CVPI4Ever said:
We only have 2 repeaters with 3 channels on a UHF band. Hope that helps.

Even something like this product from telex-vega might be all you need. Controls two channels (remote control radios) and has the ability to change frequencies.

http://www.telex.com/RadioDispatch/Product.aspx?MarketID=12&CategoryID=28&ProductID=86

In any event, looks like an inexpensive console (consolette) may be all you need. Zetron or other brand. (Of course, there may be some requirement of yours that we don't know about yet that adds to the complexity and cost of what you need to get.) For instance, what type of remote control transmit keying, etc.

CVPI4Ever

wlmr said:
Even something like this product from telex-vega might be all you need. Controls two channels (remote control radios) and has the ability to change frequencies.

http://www.telex.com/RadioDispatch/Product.aspx?MarketID=12&CategoryID=28&ProductID=86

In any event, looks like an inexpensive console (consolette) may be all you need. Zetron or other brand. (Of course, there may be some requirement of yours that we don't know about yet that adds to the complexity and cost of what you need to get.) For instance, what type of remote control transmit keying, etc.
Thats a phone and not what were looking for. We want to have a boom mic and use our pedal controls and the buttons to answer on other channels while monitoring other channels. Right now, we have 2 Motorola Radius M1225 radios on the desktop and use a mic with coil on it to respond. PITA sometimes and looks awful. I hope to expand the system soon with others channels, etc. May not happen but I want something more professional.

wlmr

CVPI4Ever said:
Thats a phone and not what were looking for. We want to have a boom mic and use our pedal controls and the buttons to answer on other channels while monitoring other channels. Right now, we have 2 Motorola Radius M1225 radios on the desktop and use a mic with coil on it to respond. PITA sometimes and looks awful. I hope to expand the system soon with others channels, etc. May not happen but I want something more professional.

Not a phone, just laid out like one. If you google consolette's you may find something more to your liking. Orbacom made (makes?) an expandable to 16 channel decktop control console called a Calida. Sounds like the low end Zetron would also do fine for you. Motorola used to make small desktop models with either microphones or boom mics. You can find lots of stuff for a price!

SLWilson

A few websites to help...

CVPI4Ever said:

http://www.zetron.com/data/site/templates/splash.asp

http://www.mmc.net/motorola_commandstar_lite.htm

http://www.telex.com/RadioDispatch/Product.aspx?MarketID=12&CategoryID=24&ProductID=76

http://www.telex.com/RadioDispatch/Product.aspx?MarketID=12&CategoryID=24&ProductID=75

Just a few places to look at what you're needing....

Steve/Gallia

Some notes:

Orbacom is now IPC. It's products are marketed as Positron, which was also acquired by IPC. IPC's core industry is financial communications technology.

Take a look at this, too. You can easily add channels to this system without any hardware modification to the consoles. You can even remotely control outlying sites through a VPN rather than leasing telephone lines.

CVPI4Ever

902, I took a look at the link. That stuff looks expensive and dont think my company will bite. Steve, thanks for the links.

wlmr

CVPI4Ever said:
902, I took a look at the link. That stuff looks expensive and dont think my company will bite. Steve, thanks for the links.

Did you click on the link for the analog consoles? They would be less expensive and might still be available as built-in equipment. The IP based ones sound like way more than you wanted. I'll bet that you can get them with boom mics instead of the desk microphone or the handsets with the built-in ptt buttons. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.