Radio calls keep "cutting out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajbrenner

I'm really having fun getting to know my first scanner, a BC462T, but one of the biggest problems I'm having is that of radio calls (even ones with good signals) intermittently cutting out on me. I'll loose 1-2 seconds of a conversation out of about 10-12 seconds of that conversation. Almost like whoever is talking decided to unkey the mic in mid sentence. I'm using the RS Telescoping Whip antenna until I can get a RS 20-176 rigged in the attic.

Is this an antenna problem or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks
ajb

bezking

Is Priority, CloseCall\Signal Stalker, etc enabled? These features have been known to cause such results.

fineshot1

ajbrenner said:
I'm really having fun getting to know my first scanner, a BC462T, but one of the biggest problems I'm having is that of radio calls (even ones with good signals) intermittently cutting out on me. I'll loose 1-2 seconds of a conversation out of about 10-12 seconds of that conversation. Almost like whoever is talking decided to unkey the mic in mid sentence. I'm using the RS Telescoping Whip antenna until I can get a RS 20-176 rigged in the attic.

Is this an antenna problem or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks
ajb

Perhaps your receiver is being overwelmed by another strong nearby transmitter or paging station. Are you near any tower sites?

ajbrenner

Thanks for all the quick replys.

CC was off, but repeater find was on. Now turned off.

Pager screen was on, but TV UHF screen was off so I turned it on .

All seems good now. Radio traffic is light now. Just had a double fatel house fire in the next to over (see the NJ forum) I guess everyone involved is in recovery mode.

God bless their efforts and God bless the souls of the decesed.

ajb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.