Electric Company Crews

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't see a utility or wide-area forum, so I'll put it here unless there's a better place.

With the big ice storm in the midwest, I've been seeing out of state power crews along the Interstate. It might be fun to have a list of who's on what so if you see an out of state crew working in your neighborhood you can listen in. So, here goes.

Pike Electric - 49.46 MHz/ 67.0 Hz CTCSS.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I know that Xcel Energy from the Twin Cities sent a number of trucks down there. They're on a trunked system here. Not sure what they would use down there. Is there any kind of interoperability among utilities like that?

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you're going to listen to the linemen repairing down wires the first things you need are a fully charged high AH battery, some candles and warm clothing.

monitorman

We were without for almost 5 days when they were reconnecting our line I made a point to go out and thank them for coming out to us and helping us in our need, one guy was from Ohio the other was from W. Virginia.

ampulman

hoser147 said:
I seen a couple of bucket trucks at a local resturant this morning one had a trailer type camper on the back..............Hoser

By any chance, is Verizon (or others) installing all-fiber optic network in your area? They use trailers w/special equipment to splice the cables. If vehicles not marked, could be a contractor.

AM

Status
Not open for further replies.