Universal Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ordered an item that I intended for a Christmas present on December 12th. Item was JUST shipped today.. According to the tracking UPS merely has the billing info for the package, and not the actual package in it's possession. Now I know for a fact that UPS does not move on Saturday or Sunday.. This package will likely now not make it here in time. It probably wont even go into transit until tomorrow giving it only 3 days to get from where it is to my doorstep..

There's no reason why something ordered on the 12th shouldn't have gotten here in time for Christmas..

This is my first ordering experience with UR and likely the last..

kmacka

I have had a bad experience with Universal Radio also. They had told me that my Diamond rh77 antenna was in stock. I then paid them and thought everything was done, only to check back on the order and it was never in stock in the first place. They just wanted me to pay for it and then have to wait until it was off backorder.

Grog

Banned
Did you call to make sure they actually had it in stock? Did you ask when it would ship?

Lesson learned :lol:

pogbobo

I have to say that I had a GREAT experience with universal-radio ... I ordered a Hustler MX2B antenna and it was promptly shipped and packaged very very well ... also they responded to my emails very quickly.... sorry you had a bad experience :(

ryangassxx

Banned
Grog said:
Did you call to make sure they actually had it in stock? Did you ask when it would ship?

Lesson learned :lol:

Yes the item was in stock, they were just slow in processing the order.. I don't know if I learned a lesson as much as reinforced my existing belief that you cannot rely on ANYONE to get anything done for you.. I guess they are about as credible as their website looks..

Viper43

I have had better luck with them than R&L. Every order from R&L had some sort of delay getting shipped, and one item never did make to to the delivery truck, it was stolen onsite as UPS never picked it up.

V

br0adband

kmacka said:
I have had a bad experience with Universal Radio also. They had told me that my Diamond rh77 antenna was in stock. I then paid them and thought everything was done, only to check back on the order and it was never in stock in the first place. They just wanted me to pay for it and then have to wait until it was off backorder.

It's basically wrong of them to do that. Any retailer that charges you for a product they cannot actually ship or produce at a moment's notice is a violation of most agreements between the retailer and credit card companies and card processing agencies. Hence a lot of times, you'll order something and not see the actual charge appear until the product ships - if they charged you, actually charged and not just put a hold on the money (tough to tell the difference sometimes without contacting your card provider), and they didn't have the product to begin with, you can/could cause them a great deal of grief with the card company/processing agency if you wanted to pursue it.

Just my $.02...

CLTX11

I never have had a problem with universal radio either. Purchased a scanner and antenna at different times and was shipped right away. Might give them the benefit of the doubt but who knows.

I am in the same boat as you with another company. Told me they shipped it on the 10th when I ordered it and as of yesterday they said "it was here in my area". I finally asked for the tracking number and guess what, didnt ship it til the 17th and it is still in the state I ordered it from.

n2mdk

I've ordered with Universal a number of times, their prices tend to be decent, as is their selection, but they do take a long time to get things shipped. Seems to take about a week for things to get sent out after you place an order. They have never billed me prior to shipping though.

n211cr

I have ordered from Universal as well as R&L. I have found that if Universal actually does have it in stock, not on order and expected the next day or two, that they usually ship extremely fast. I have ordered items earlier in the day, say before 10, had them shipped that day, and then because I am here in Michigan UPS gets it here the very next.

I had two experiences where I have ordered online to find out one or more items were back ordered, sometimes for weeks. I now call for every order I place and ask when they think it will be shipped and have been much happier in dealing with them.

R&L's prices are better on certain items, and their website does show items in stock, but the few times I have ordered from them it does take atleast a few days processing before it gets handed off to the courier.

Either way I have been happy with both now that I know what to expect from each.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Well if you're lucky you will get it on the 24th as UPS will be doing ground parcels that day. As for Universal, I've had good luck with them, though I agree with many, they are slow to process shipments. If it's something I want to expedite, I usually call them to request they process it quicker. As for R&L, I have ordered two or three times and they have been quick to respond.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Yep...that's Universal Radio.

How they are still in business boggles the mind. They NEVER have anything in stock, and their
customer service is the worst in the business, IMHO.

They jerked me around the same way once, and I wound up speaking to one of the principals
in the company who told me things were going to change.

Apparently they haven't, and you know the old adage, "screw me once, shame on you ...screw me twice, shame on me...."

Once was enough and I'll never deal with them again.

Dan

JoeyC

ryangassxx said:
There's no reason why something ordered on the 12th shouldn't have gotten here in time for Christmas...

I suppose if it stated on their website "Order by xxxdate to recieve delivery before Christmas" or something similar you have a complaint. Otherwise, this is typical of many online merchants. Deal with it.

karldotcom

I once ordered a radio and received a cat!

just kidding.

UPS indeed ships on the weekend...if its on a train it runs 24/7 baby....are you more than 800 miles from Ohio? I bet you get it Monday, as that is 5 days away. Check your tracking number every 12 hours...you will see the package making its way to you

Status
Not open for further replies.