Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooser

Cool to listen to the scanner after mid-night and hear CHP tell each other "Merry Christmas".
Merry Christmas to all my fellow scannerds...
Goose.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
hoser147 said:
Merry Christmas to You also.:) Didnt happen to get an Antenna for Christmas did ya?......................Had to Ask?.................................H:lol:ser

I did :D

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I put it up Saturday when it was 50° and fixed the one I took down. Now I have an extra scantenna laying around :)

Gooser

hoser147 said:
Merry Christmas to You also.:) Didnt happen to get an Antenna for Christmas did ya?......................Had to Ask?.................................H:lol:ser
Thanks Hoser...Mele Kalikimaka...

Nope...no radio gear :(
Just getting back into the hobby after a few year's hiatus...so no one knew I have a wish list for gear a page long already.

BUT, Friday, I am going across the bay to Scanners Unlimited to see what they have in antennas and pick up either a Pro-2055 or PSR-500.

Am thinking that I'll get the 2055 as my county hasn't gone digi yet...so save some coin and have a good excuse to get another scanner when they do :)

Gooser

Dubbin...
That BCT15 is awesome.
My concern is my being inept in programming it.

I have just "somewhat" figured out trunking on my Pro-97...and that took Cliff Notes and bribes to get done ;)

So, I figured it (Pro-2055) would be easy to clone and use with WIN97.
Having said that, the BCT15 looks like a heck of a lot more radio for just a few clams more. But I'm chicken.

It's my thread to hijack..

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Don't let any of that stop you from getting a MUCH better radio. The BCT15 isn't hard at all to learn. As a matter of fact the Uniden DMA radios are the easiest to learn.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Dubbin said:
Don't let any of that stop you from getting a MUCH better radio. The BCT15 isn't hard at all to learn. As a matter of fact the Uniden DMA radios are the easiest to learn.

Dubbin, stop hamming up Uniden scanners.. It's not MUCH better.. You could make the argument for the 2055 as well, it's about preference.. He's got a very good reason for wanting the 2055, he's familiar with the front end..

I'm not putting down the BCT-15 either, it is by all accounts a very good one. But the Pro-97/2055 has quite a following as well.. So it's not unreasonable for someone to want a 2055 over a BCT15..

maalox

dont the pro 2055 have display issues. that one reason i never bought the pro-2055.

Gooser

Well Ryan and RubADubDub...

I like the thought of having a base clone of my 97. but I like the Dynamic gig and, if I understand it right, the BCT15 is easier to set up trunking.

and Dubbin has a good point, though in not so many words...get outta my relative comfort zone.

Sure a ton of progress In technology since my first scanner; Realistic four crystal/LED w/ toggle switches :)

Ginger or Mary Ann?

It may be a game time decision.

Gooser

maalox said:
dont the pro 2055 have display issues. that one reason i never bought the pro-2055.
oh yeah...and then there's that. The main reason I didn't get one sooner - sale just ended. but now I am planning to look for a late date code (09a07 and after).
Whatever...I just hope Alameda County doesnmt go digi too soon. $$$$ and hair pullin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.