GRE PSR-400 or a Uniden BCT 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

500C1

Looking for opinions to which one would be a better purchase. It's not the price difference. I thought the quality might be better with the GRE, from what I have read in the GRE threads. Already have a Uniden BCD996T and have owned bearcats previously.

n2mdk

Since you have a DMA scanner you know what the advantages are over the old bank and sub bank type have. I would hope GRE has the display problems that the Pro-2055 has had fixed but who knows, the PSR-400 is simply an updated 2055. The problem still seems to be popping up. If you have trunked systems that need more than 150 TGIDs stored the BCT15's 200 is better as well.

NoRide

Not seeing a PSR-400 first hand, I have looked at the Pro-2055's several times when at RS. I keep leaving with the feeling that the product is cheap compared to the BCT-15 which is a very solid, heavy, well built unit. The display is larger. More features. Simply better all around in my book. No regrets owning them.

Not sure how the PSR-400 stacks up against the BCT-15 in regards to features as I really haven't read much about them.

Gooser

I went to Scanner's Unlimted yesterday and was still a bit tossed between a Pro-2055 and the BCT15. That was until I saw/felt the BCT15. Glenn, the owner, was very helpful and didn't try to push anything...but had all the answers to the few questions I did have (research here, like you are doing, makes the diff and you save the retailer's time). Great gent and shop....if ya get the chance, visit/shop there, you won't be disappointed...support the little guys that are left :) It was love at first sight...not with Glenn, although I am sure chicks dig him, but with the BCT15.

Though I have owned Cat's before, that was back in conventional days. With trunking, I like the Pro-97 and thought its' siblling was a logical choice. But, when I compared the 2055 with the features of the BCT15...the BCT15 was the winner (DMA, Temp L/O, squlelch/vol egronomics, 2500 channels) . My hesitation on the BCT15 being clearly the choice was my concern about the learning curve of punching the BCT15. No worries...using ARC15, I had it up in running in less than five minutes with country wide trunking. Now have multiple systems and groups working flawlessly in less than 24 o.

I know you asked about the PSR...I only have the Pro-97 but looked very seriously at the 2055 for cloning and ease. But the overall form, fit, function of the BCT15 compared to the 2055 did it for ME (add the concern with the 2055 display). The DMA for the BCT15 is the bomb...no wasted spaces when you have a trunk loaded.

Certainly, your mileage may vary. Don't run with scissors.

Last edited:

kc2kvz

Premium Subscriber
If I may throw in my 2 cents, I have both a 2055 (similar display to the 400) and a BCT 15. From the perspective of my old eyes, the display on the BCT 15 is much easier to read. I have found otherwise the performance to be similar.

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm seeing a lot of people comparing the BCT 15 to the 2055 as if it WAS the PSR-400.. Maybe you should see an actual PSR-400 first..

Why are the display issues of the 2055 even being MENTIONED? That was the 2055....

Status
Not open for further replies.