49.8650-49.8750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdriver

What am I hearing here? Is it baby monitors or somebody left an old style cordless off the hook? I can here a tv and a dog barking in the background, but no other talking?

Ronnie

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I stumble across these from time to time too.. One I'm sure is a baby monitor, but there's another that I always come across in the 900Mhz band that sounds more like a listening device, or a "bug".. It's pretty creepy.. I ruled out baby monitor for the second one because they're just entirely too loud and rowdy for there to be a baby anywhere around..

Catdriver

The main one I'm hearing now is 49.8750. I googled it an come up with baby monitors on 1 place I looked.

I'm pretty sure thats what I'm hearing. I have an outside base discone antenna, so I'm not sure how far it could be coming from either. I'll ck in from time to time on it an see if I can catch some mom an pop action in the background....LMAO

Ron

jonny290

yep, baby monitors

49.X was also popular for the little toy walkie-talkies that RS sold for years.

I even remember pulling some e-skip in on one hooked up to a big antenna back at the peak of the 90's cycle

Catdriver

I got a new bc898t for xmas an I can't make head nor tails of the manual, so I've just been using the dial an write down the good ones I stumble upon starting at the bottom of its band up to the top of it. Gives me something to do I guess.....

Ron

ryangassxx

Banned
yep baby monitors, cheap walkie talkies, RC car remotes, and cordless phones.. That pretty sums up the 49Mhz band..

gewecke

Banned
Funny stuff on a baby-comm...

I think the funniest thing I ever heard was the people in the house behind me arguing over calling their "dealer" back on the cordless,or waiting til they got to the gas station before making a buy!
Meanwhile,the baby is sleeping. They should market those things
as "crack-comms"!
n9zas.

Catdriver

I got a good looking single mom neighbor that has a bunch of girls over at her house all of the time. I might get her a baby monitor for a gift for the baby...

Ronnie

jonny290

Catdriver said:
I got a good looking single mom neighbor that has a bunch of girls over at her house all of the time. I might get her a baby monitor for a gift for the baby...

Ronnie

Video baby monitor on her end, Icom R-3 on yours.

As the Taco Bell ads of last year said, "good to go."

gewecke

Banned
I live in the wrong neighborhood!
You guy's r bad!
Johnny-b-bad! Lol!
n9zas.

Status
Not open for further replies.