Programming with Multiple Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlOnyx

Allrighty, so I've read the Wiki about what a "site" within a trunked system is, now I just need to understand how to program this. Several of the systems which I want to program have multiple sites. One in particular system which I want to program has 9 sites, two of which are simulcast, and one which is listed as a non-trunked site. All of the sites are fairly local and this will be used in a mobile system anyway. Question is:

Can I program all the frequencies for all the sites within the system in one bank? or Do I need to treat each of these sites as a separate trunked system, and program them in their own bank?

Also, what do I do with a "non-trunked" site? I'm assuming that I would just program this in as I would a normal VHF/UHF channel.

I am using a RS Pro-433 and a Pro-94. Thank you!

PearlOnyx

In response to my own question, I found some unexpected answers in the control channel only tutorial. While my RS Pro-433 does support CCO programming, the system I'm trying to program doesn't fall in to any of the 4 plans (the combination of the last 3 digits doesn't fit any of the 4 plans), so I'm assuming that I'll have to program all of the channels for each site with the dummy channel in between, correct?

Also question regarding the site which is labeled "non-trunked" still stands...

Thanks guys.

PearlOnyx

Well, one particular system which I want to program is the Orange County, FL system. However, this question will apply to other systems I am interested in programming when I travel, so I thought a general question was in order. I checked the Florida section, however someone asked a similar question about the Orange County/Orlando system, with not much of a response, so I thought I'd pose it more generally here. Sorry! =)

n2mdk

PearlOnyx

N2,

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It seems that the majority of traffic is simulcast on the Orange County site, so just programming in that system should suffice, but I think I'm going to miss out on some traffic for a few of the cities without the other sites. Several of them are digital and encrypted so it's not an issue, but I just don't want to take up 9 of my 10 banks with this one system. I'm also interested in programming the system for Volusia County, but it seems I'm going to end up with the same issue with 1 system with numerous sites, and no place to put it all. Thank you for your help again.

DickH

PearlOnyx said:
N2,
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It seems that the majority of traffic is simulcast on the Orange County site, so just programming in that system should suffice, but I think I'm going to miss out on some traffic for a few of the cities without the other sites.

Those other sites are probably Intellirepeater sites for "fill-in" in difficult areas. Only units affiliated to those sites use them. The "County" and "Orlando" sites, one in each bank, should let you hear everything.

PearlOnyx

Dick,

Yes, that is true for the most part. While most of the city system is simulcast on the county system, from a little research it appears some of the city ID's are only broadcast on the city system. There is a similar issue with Brevard and Volusia Counties. I spent some time fiddling with my set up, and I've got most of what I want programmed in to the software. Just waiting on the cable to come now =) Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.