Comparing GRE PSR-600 and Uniden BCD-996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman

I would like to hear from anyone that has used both or even read up on both to let me know what the differences are good and bad and all around operations.

I know the 996T can be connected to a GPS and lots already on the market
The 600 seems to have a LED that can be set for alerts and of channels

I have read that the 600 might be easer to program but does this mean even with software its easer?

Please help in making a list of the differences for someone like me just about to upgrade my good old Uniden 780 with something with some digital. I’m sure they are both very good scanners and most would be happy with ether but I need to know what options are good for me and I’m sure it will help others figure out the same.

FlashSWT

The 996 includes free Uniden programming software. Software for the 600 will be extra.
The 600 has a built-in discriminator data output terminal, the 996 doesn't.
The 600 will decode NAC codes on conventional P25 frequencies.

I'm sure there are plenty more differences that others can list.

jonny290

-the BCD-396 has an auxilary function to use fire tone outs to start your coffee maker or any other appliance under 200 watts total draw

-the PSR-600 has been certified 100% Dolphin Free by the USDA

-the BCD396 has several secret menu functions - for example, holding 6 + 9 + Func at startup will give you dirty pictures on the LCD screen.

-the PSR-600, on the other hand, will not turn on Saturdays between sunup and sundown. Who knew scanners could be Seventh-Day Adventists?

(note: this post is a joke)

n2mdk

jonny290 said:
-the PSR-600, on the other hand, will not turn on Saturdays between sunup and sundown. Who knew scanners could be Seventh-Day Adventists?

(note: this post is a joke)

I thought is was Orthodox Jewish, learn something new everyday

jonny290

i wasn't sure on that and figured i'd flip a coin.

never been accused of being extremely knowledgeable about splinter judeo-christian sects, hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.