Potential Scanner & Screen Protector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsterw

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh geez, a roll of transparent box tape can protect the screens of every cell phone, iPod and pocket scanner in the county and it's a whole lot cheaper. Anyone who would buy this "military" hype ZAGGed when he should have zigged. For that matter why did you peel the plastic shield off in the first place?

robsterw

Heh, agreed. $25 is a little pricey for something like this.

I have peeled off shields in the past for no good reason.
Personally, scratches & fingerprints don't bother me one bit.
But I know those things can be downright annoying for some people.
That's why I thought someone might be interested in this so called "mil-spec" film ;-)

Bentley

kb2vxa said:
Oh geez, a roll of transparent box tape can protect the screens of every cell phone, iPod and pocket scanner in the county and it's a whole lot cheaper. Anyone who would buy this "military" hype ZAGGed when he should have zigged. For that matter why did you peel the plastic shield off in the first place?

Good Idea! No issues with glue residue or anything? I may just have to try that!

shaft

Its been popular with a lot of iPod 5g fans for a couple of years The screen on the iPods scratch very easily.

brian13pickle

I placed clear packing tape on one of my old handheld scanners to protect the screen. I had one "hell of a time" removing it and mainly the glue. I won't do that again, anytime soon! Get some screen savers for PDA,s from Wal-Fart or Radio Crap.

mcema699

Hmm, I've used that and heavier weather sealing tape. I think I've replaced it. Some good plastic cleaner is a very nice two-way and scanner accessory.

Status
Not open for further replies.