Any Women around here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sownman

I've been hanging around here for a bit over a month and I can't recall one. Why is scanning such a guy thing ? My wife has less than zero interest in it.

Steve

jo86

I just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago. My boyfriend and I love listening to the scanner. We have a PR97 from Radio Shack. I use to run with the squad in my teen years and I love healthcare. I love listening to all the stuff going on in our area.

Kelly

Highpockets

jo86 said:
I just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago. My boyfriend and I love listening to the scanner. We have a PR97 from Radio Shack. I use to run with the squad in my teen years and I love healthcare. I love listening to all the stuff going on in our area.

Kelly

Pretty neat. The more things you do together makes a relationship more enjoyable.

n2mdk

Some people don't think that I should count, but I do.
Hey I got my love of things technical from my Mother.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
It's strange that you ask this question. I have been into scanning since 1995. I have had to explain to my wife why I need so many scanners/radios. In the past month for some reason she has confiscated my PRO-97 and she can't put it down. She takes it to work and sleeps with it on. To think I thought I had finally figured women out. Go figure.

SABRE46

I had a girlfriend that liked it after I explained what she was listening to. Once she figured out what it was about, I couldn't get my new (at the time) pro95 away from her. As far as figuring women out? I don't even try anymore. Just roll with it.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Pick up lines? Like:

Is that a rubber duckie in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

If I rub that 800 MHz antenna will it turn into a low band?

fireSAR

N1GTL said:
Pick up lines? Like:

Is that a rubber duckie in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

If I rub that 800 MHz antenna will it turn into a low band?

n2mdk said:
Hey big boy I'm so unconventional, you can track my trunk anytime

Nice, very nice. I'm suprised I can't come up with one.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
My wife seems interested in it when i have it on at home or in the car. At least she tolerates it pretty well and asks questions sometimes. But she doesn't listen to my scanner independently. Though i don't think she really knows how to operate it, so that might have something to do with it. She likes it when i check into ham nets too.

N1508J

Ain't it obvious????

Sownman said:
I've been hanging around here for a bit over a month and I can't recall one. Why is scanning such a guy thing ? My wife has less than zero interest in it.

Steve

Now I know there are at least two gals that showed up, however...and you can ask'em...women are much more intelligent than men! ;)

Do you know of many women who are wasting their time staring at a piece of electronic equipment??? :confused: They are using their brains for more cerebral endeavors! Are they, like us men, listening to peculiar voices emanating from that electronic box? Of course not!:( They are college educated women who would never pay attention to such tripe which has no remedial value whatsoever.:D Come on men, let’s turn those scanners off and join our women in more productive activities that will impress our children. ;) No more shall we flatten our posteriors and fatten our ponderous beer bellies while hypnotically mesmerized listening to our scanners. :mad: We shall magnanimously join our superior minded wives, girlfriends or both and glean social edification and education by staring at that other piece of electronic equipment while it says, “stay tuned for the young and the restless”.:roll:

AnneMacCat

I've been into scanners for quite a few years. My husband and I met when I use to broadcast my scanner on teamspeak. I have 4 scanners on my side of the bed, he has 5 on his side. We have more that are retired right now. I'm also usually listening to a scanner online from where I use to live. With both of us so into our scanners, it makes it so much better. That is a big part of our life! I've bought him scanners and he bought me a BC396 for my last birthday - the most wonderful present I've ever gotten in my life. If it wasn't for scanners and the online scanner world, we never would have met and I wouldn't be married to such a wonderful person and the best friend I've ever had. So, yes, there are women on RR and there are many women scanner listeners. I love it and would not give it up for any thing or any one.

SCPD

QRT
She who is now my ex got into scanning when we were married and listens to Bell County TX on her BC396T to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.