Open Sky MA/COM scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
im confused....are manufacturers allowed to create a scanner capable of MA/Com open sky? Ive been told that as of now it is illegal, and it never will happen, yet ive also been told that its just up to someone to create a scanner for it.....which is correct?

So basically, will there ever be an Open Sky capable scanner?

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
wait, i just noticed the sticky at the top about the provoice not happening, thats a grim reality. Soon, being in oakland county, i wont be able to scan anymore : (

gcgrotz

Jimmy252 said:
wait, i just noticed the sticky at the top about the provoice not happening, thats a grim reality. Soon, being in oakland county, i wont be able to scan anymore : (

You will have to take up air and mil-air and railroads. Still plenty to listen to, but you do have my sympathy! I don't think they should be hiding from the public unless required.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
i heard the only thing staying UHF here are the fire dispatch toneouts only, because of the pagers, they wont work with provoice. So all i have to listen now is just fire dispatch....excluding the responders and on-scene comms, they have there own TG's in the Ma/Com stystem.

Status
Not open for further replies.