Regency Touch K100

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerjohn

Hello. First time on this forum. I found a Regency Touch K100 scanner at a garage sale under a dollar and couldn't resist taking it home. Problem is, I don't have a manual and I've never used a scanner before. I'd say I'm as green as green gets. I was hoping to find a manual and advice (ANY) on how to use it, find frequencies (police/fire) , tips on using it if it isn't already obsolete. Thank you in advance for your help and likely patience.

fineshot1

Go to the web page below and scroll to the bottom and there is a
link for the M400 and K500 which are probably similar. If you can
I know those folks are looking for info perhaps you can email them
pics or more after your done researching that.

Regency, RELM and Wilson Information Index

EDIT: Oh and apparently you can order a manual from the fella below - see web link below:

http://www.bearcat1.com/manuals.htm

EDIT2: Also - this should get you going, directions on how to program the memories.

http://www.ihav.net/vb/beyond-reali...regency-touch-k100-police-scanner-882160.html

Last edited:

pjtnascar

Not a bad way to get started in the hobby! The frequency range is a bit limited, but if your local departments use the freqs covered, it should be fine. The third link posted by fineshot will get you going. Have fun and let us know how it works.

tigerjohn

Thanks for the help. I now know how to program it but, I'm not sure of how to go about finding out which frequencies are used and by whom. Is there a book or similar way of listing frequencies used by Fire/Police? Also, is it legal to use a scanner? I'm in the dark, so to speak, and any advice is appreciated. Thank You.

rostrome

Regency Touch K100 Users Manual

Send me your email address and I will send you an email with the manual pages scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.