Columbus PD Radio Codes Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Thanks to Joejo95 for getting the latest on Columbus PD four digit dispatch codes.

I created a spread sheet and then printed to PDF.

Hope you find this useful.

Way to go Joejo on the updated info!! :)

Attachments

• Columbus PD Codes.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 121,019

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Julian1 for posting that file.

I know am hijacking this thread asking this but have you found the Talk Group ID for Col. PD two helicopters. The police officer I know told me very nicely "Columbus PD does NOT have any helicopters but you can goto the airport and watch a officer wash them" and told me not ask him about them again.
Thank you for you help.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Columbus PD Helicopters

Realizing that Columbus doesn't have Police helicopters, but if they did they may very well not have their own unique Talk Group ID. More than likely, they have the capability of operating on most every public safety talk group. Just my guess. The trick is to monitor the PD talk-groups, especially the surveillance or CID channels and listen for a unit ID like "Air 1", etc.

Julian1

Col PD Helos

Wow...

City property - vehicles, aircraft, etc are public property and the helos would have been a matter of public record when the decision was made to purchase them.

If they have markings for Columbus PD, then how on earth would they be a "secret". I've heard some absurd things before, but nothing like that.

If one of them flies and hovers over a perp during a vehicle or foot chase and the media spots them, I guess they wouldn't be a secret anymore.

The individual who mentioned the helos in that fashion is probably a fine public servant, but when it comes to what assets can or cannot be mentioned, they are mistaken.

I've never heard them on radio...but then I'm only in Columbus maybe once a month.

Julian1

Columbus PD Helicopter - Link to photo CPD website

CDP Equipment Photos

If you click on this link and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see an
"Area Law Enforcement" Bell OH-58 helicopter.

Likely used by CPD, MCSO, and likely surrounding counties.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Columbus PD Helicopter

Thanks for that link Julian1 that is the helicopters that CPD have. A officer I know that works at Muscogee Co. jail and flys took me to the airport and showed them to me. But we did not get close to them. He said they have been told not to talk about them because the department did not want it to be general knowledge that had them. I also talked to a Russell Co. officer today and he told that Russell Co. got a helicopter not to long ago which I did not know. He said that they talk to theres and CPD on Southern Linc.
Thanks for your help again.

Julian1

I need to check my work lap top. It's not in my home PC. If you haven't heard back - please PM me as a reminder to see. If I can find it, I'll be glad to send it.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Here in western North Carolina, we have two medical helicopters operated by the Mission Hospital System (our trauma center) in Asheville. Mountain Area Medical Airlift (MAMA) operates two helos - MAMA1 based in Asheville and MAMA2 based here in Franklin. I OFTEN hear them transmitting on various radio frequencies, depending on the local agency they're assisting. Listen for the background noise of the rotor blades - they're almost impossible to silence. I'm betting the Columbus helo (that doesn't exist) has a Medcom-type radio that is programmed to transmit on any of the radio frequencies and talkgroups that exist in the greater Columbus-Muscogee area.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636 (GMRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.