Volunteer needed to take over the Cobb County PD scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewC75

All,
Well, it's that time. I'm moving to Cherokee County next month and I'll be in an area which I'm not sure will allow me to keep providing the same quality Cobb County feeds that I've been offering for almost six years. While I could take the scanners up to Cherokee and see what happens, I think this is a good time to pass the torch anyhow. I have the two BCD996T scanners which are community-owned already, plus the old, otherwise worthless PC that runs them (PC only - no keyboard, monitor or mouse) which I'll donate to the community. What do you need to do? Well, you need to hook it all up to broadband internet, make sure it works and keeps working, and be guided by the egacy ScanCobb community when it comes to changes to the feeds since we all own the scanners through our past monetary contributions.

These are the feeds that I run:
Cobb County Police (North and East)
Cobb County Police (South and West)

So, any volunteers who can take over in the next 3 weeks? Remember, feed providers get free access to RadioReference's premium services.

Thanks,
Andrew

CapStar362

while i would do it, but i live in Clayton County, i have the bandwidth ( 24MBit/4MBit d/u ) and im pretty good with watchdog services.....

micco

Slightly off subject but I will be putting together a feed for my county in the next month or so. I have a BCT-15 that I will be dedicating to the project. I have a computer old AMD k6-2 550 with 512 megs of ram and a 40 gig hard drive running linux. Will that be enough horsepower or should I find something else? I can't imagine needing that much of a computer to provide a feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.