Western Area Regional Radio System (WARRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
We now have the new West Georgia P25 trunked system in the RR database. So anyone with the ability to monitor this system program it in your scanner and help us fill out the talkgroup inventory.

Mike
"Metrofire31"
Smyrna
ATL531 - WQIT636 (GMRS)
North Ga GMRS Network

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Coweta County & WARRS

In a recent filing with the FCC, the WARRS Authority petitioned for an extension of time to complete the system. Primary information in the filing was the fact that on 5/3/2010, the Georgia General Assembly approved the addition of Coweta County to this Authority. A two-frequency channel addition at the three fixed sites currently in service has been funded by Coweta County. These two additional system channels (frequencies) are 851.400 and 853.8375 MHz. The completion of the entire system is now scheduled for December 1, 2014. Those jurisdictions included in the Authority are Carroll County, City of Douglasville, Haralson County, Heard County and Coweta County.

Those wishing to see the complete filing should reference the FCC License database under license WQLC704.

Of interest is also the fact that Coweta County has a license for a conventional 800 MHz frequency under separate license WQDD645. The frequency is for 853.150, likely used for data or telemetry.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
There are 10 transmitter sites listed for WARRS. If anyone in that area could do a "check" on each location and tag the site # to the address listed, I will update the info in the database.

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
Try these out. I am not sure if they have been posted before or not.

Georgia-Western Area Regional Radio System Authority (WARRS) Live Audio feed.
http://99.112.0.53:45080 - Audio is not real clear at times but it works. Hearing Police, Fire & EMS traffic.
I can’t find the Audio feed in the RR GA. Live Audio Feed List it must not be there.
Thanks to the Audio feed provider for providing the feed. I am using Windows media player to listen.

HB 1256 - Western Area Regional Radio System Authority; remove City of Douglasville and add Coweta County as a member
Georgia General Assembly - HB 1256

City negotiations with regional radio system likened to divorce - Douglas County Sentinel news article.
Douglas County Sentinel - City negotiations with regional radio system likened to divorce

Couple of threads I found.
WARRS In Carroll, Haralson and Heard Counties - http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...26-warrs-carroll-haralson-heard-counties.html
City of Newnan moving to WARRS - http://forums.radioreference.com/georgia-radio-discussion-forum/239088-city-newnan-moving-warrs.html

Contract proposal between: WARRS & Atlanta VA Medical Center Police.
https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=2bddd838ba71278859fcfdbb39fedf0d&tab=core&_cview=0
Radio Communication between the Carroll County Sheriff's Department, local Law Enforcement agencies and the
United States Department of Veterans Affairs Police, using the West Georgia Regional Radio System.

Last edited:

csims723

We now have the new West Georgia P25 trunked system in the RR database. So anyone with the ability to monitor this system program it in your scanner and help us fill out the talkgroup inventory.

Mike
"Metrofire31"
Smyrna
ATL531 - WQIT636 (GMRS)
North Ga GMRS Network

I have installed the the Coweta WARRS Talk Groups as listed in the database. My question is this. I have all Fire Department Tac channels however the folllowing information seems to be incorrect as I don't seem to get any Coweta County Fire Dispatch on this 15101 3afd D CCFD Disp Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch

Does anyone have any updated information for Fire Dispatch for Coweta Fire?

abnrto

Premium Subscriber
I have installed the the Coweta WARRS Talk Groups as listed in the database. My question is this. I have all Fire Department Tac channels however the folllowing information seems to be incorrect as I don't seem to get any Coweta County Fire Dispatch on this 15101 3afd D CCFD Disp Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch

Does anyone have any updated information for Fire Dispatch for Coweta Fire?

That is the correct talkgroup for Coweta Fire Dispatch. Coweta is doing things different now. Only dispatch talks on that talkgroup. Then they are assign to a Tac channel. They have another talkgroup for their talk around channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.