RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 7:31 PM

Default City of Decatur signals and 10 codes

Anyone have a list of the signals and 10 codes used in the City of Decatur? We have figured many out, but they do not seem to be the same (completely) as those used in Dekalb County.

And a definite shout out to Home Patrol. My wife would never touch my previous 2 scanners, even when I programmed them and had them all set up (she's a software engineer, but never found the handheld scanner interfaces intuitive). Since I got a Home Patrol, she keeps it on pretty much all of our waking hours! It definitely makes scanning more accessible for non-radio-techies. My wife's biggest fear now is that if she ever has to call 911, she's going to start speaking in signals
Sponsored links
Old 01-19-2012, 11:58 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Try DeKalb County Police Signals And Ten-Codes
or RADIO CODES & SIGNALS - GEORGIA
Old 02-11-2012, 5:01 PM

Default Thanks?

I'm posting because I tried those already. I'd buy the Radio Reference book if I knew they were in there.

Which gets to another question: why does every municipality have different codes? Even adjacent ones that surely have to interact at times. For example, Decatur is the county seat of Dekalb county - why not use the same codes as Dekalb? I'm sure there is a good reason (is there?)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 AM

Cool Police call 10 codes and status

Maybe this will help
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CodesCD.pdf (600.8 KB, 6830 views)