RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitrunker View Post
65536 is not a valid group ID. This fake group ID is used by the program to represent the morse code station identifier. If you click on the site's Info tab, you may also see the FCC callsign. You can edit the fake group's label to say CWID or BSI.
Thank you Unitrunker for your reply. I have added that to my brains knowledge database!

I do have a question...when I look at the sites info tab, for CallSign is has "CHANGEME" and for the NAC is has "000." Does this mean that the tower is not configured with those parameters, or is the software just not decoding that information? I am sure that the at a minimum the NAC should be configured.
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012, 9:08 PM

Update April 28, 2012.

During the beginning of the week, I have noticed that UniTrunker is logging new talkgroups on the Liberty Tower, that fit into the range of talkgroups that Liberty Co. has been using, which is the 12xxx range.

These talkgroups are:
12800 - I have heard no traffic on this TG. It is showing up with radios affiliating to this TG.

12805 - I have heard no traffic on this TG. I have only seen it show up in UniTrunker.

12817 - I have heard no traffic on this TG, however, I believe it belongs to Hinesville PD.

12818 - I have heard plenty of traffic on this TG, and can confirm it is Hinesville PD, however, it sounds like a TAC channel. Yesterday, 4/27/12, I was listening in and they were staking out an apartment for a wanted drug dealer, and everything was in the clear. GREAT NEWS SO FAR!!!!

12819 - I have heard no traffic on this TG, however, it does belong to Hinesville PD. Around 2155hrs, units on 12818 said to switch to "4" and then a few radios switched from 12818 and moved to 12819. No voice was heard, but the mic was keyed and the BCD996T showed it as P25/LNK, not ENC, GREAT NEWS AGAIN....SO FAR!

12820 - I have heard no traffic on this TG. I have only seen affiliations with this TG in UniTrunker.

Perhaps one of you can add these TGs to your radio and listen in a bit more than I can at the moment and attempt to assist me in identifying the agency using these channels before they are sent for addition to the TG list for SEGARRN. I want to confirm all information before making a submission.

I hope Hinesville PD is not using encryption and does not use encryption as I will be one very happy person, even if County SO does.

Have a great night!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Seņor Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchspanther2006 View Post
I do have a question...when I look at the sites info tab, for CallSign is has "CHANGEME" and for the NAC is has "000."
If you are decoding from a PSR800 or any radio with discriminator audio (including the HP1E), the NAC is accurate. Inline decoding receivers like the PSR500/500 and Uniden XTs strip the NAC information.

As for the CHANGEME text, the administrator should edit the setting on their console. That text is sent out as Morse code on idle channels where BSI (base station identification) is enabled.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitrunker View Post
If you are decoding from a PSR800 or any radio with discriminator audio (including the HP1E), the NAC is accurate. Inline decoding receivers like the PSR500/500 and Uniden XTs strip the NAC information.

As for the CHANGEME text, the administrator should edit the setting on their console. That text is sent out as Morse code on idle channels where BSI (base station identification) is enabled.
I am using a RadioShack PRO-106 via the USB cable. I do not really care about having the NAC and Callsign, I was just curious about the Target ID of 65536. Thank you for the information UniTrunker!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 AM

UPDATE: May 1, 2012.

I am hearing the Liberty County Sheriffs Department on the SEGARRN system now.

I have identified them as using 2 talkgroups so far.

12812 - I did not hear any units respond on this TG, but did hear dispatch simulcast with the VHF talking to units.
12848 - I am hearing traffic at the moment, sounds like a TAC channel, although not confirmed. All comms in the clear at this time.

I hope this is how it is going to be. I have no problem with encryption on the TAC channels, but I feel that since it is our tax money paying their salaries, I do not feel that they should be allowed to be 100% transparent.

Have a great day!
Sponsored links

Old 05-02-2012, 6:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Angry

From site #103 I can report that for the last 3 days, NO Liberty county Talk Groups have been logged. The site seems for be functioning: Bryan, Chatham, Effingham are all being heard but not Liberty.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
From site #103 I can report that for the last 3 days, NO Liberty county Talk Groups have been logged. The site seems for be functioning: Bryan, Chatham, Effingham are all being heard but not Liberty.
That is interesting lep. I don't know of any maintenance that is going on that would cause that to happen. Perhaps someone forgot to flip a switch or click a button. Anyone else that can chime in?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM

UPDATE: May 2, 2012

Listening to the scanner today, and I heard a Liberty Co Sheriffs Deputy radio to another deputy to go to "Car-to-Car" and then I heard them on 12848. I am going to write that down as the official description for that TG. I think it may be a little while before I get everything figured out unless I can get one of my sheriff friends to go through their channels on their radio while I watch UniTrunker and identify...I think it may be harder than I think to get an officer to do it, but I shall try.....sometime. There is no way to get more accurate information than from the radio itself.
Old 05-02-2012, 2:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile

Update.

TG 12806 - Liberty County Fire dispatch with UID of 204950 heard at 2:48 PM today. As reported in previous post this is the first Liberty county transmission heard in 3 days and stil no SO traffic heard.
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2012, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lep View Post
Update.

TG 12806 - Liberty County Fire dispatch with UID of 204950 heard at 2:48 PM today. As reported in previous post this is the first Liberty county transmission heard in 3 days and stil no SO traffic heard.
Thank you for the update lep. If I remember correctly, UID 204950 is going to be Fire Station 14, Chief 1. Don't quote me on that, I am running off of memory.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 PM

UPDATE: May 16, 2012

I have been hearing Liberty County Sheriffs and Dispatch on TG 12800. All comms are in the clear and I will listen some more before I make a submission to update the database. I love hearing it in the clear!

I still have more unidentified talkgroups in Unitrunker as well as FreeScan. If anyone can help with them, I would greatly appreciate it. I have an idea of who a few of them belong to, but I cannot be certain of their use.

The talkgroups that I have logged are:

12817 - I know this belongs to Hinesville PD, but cannot identify its use. Dispatch has never been heard on
this TG.
12818 - I am 95% sure this belongs to Hinesville PD.
12848 - I know this belongs to Liberty Co. Sheriffs Dept, as I have heard units talking to each other.
Dispatch has never been heard on this TG.
12850 - I believe this belongs to Liberty Co. Sheriffs Dept.
12852 - I believe this belongs to Liberty Co. Sheriffs Dept. I want to say this is car-to-car.

Any help in identifying these TG's would be greatly appreciated.