Rome / Floyd P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomeRon

Well the tower is not up yet, but when it is it's not going any where with this chunck of concrete holding it down, now I know why it takes 3 weeks for it to cure.

Pictures are from the Leonard Rd. site.

Last edited:

ProducerGuy

Floyd P25

Very interesting ! Seems as if they're going forward with tower construction, so something's still good. I wonder if that was some sort of conditional license, although ULS didn't indicate anything strange. The cost of a new license won't be cheap, if indeed they need a new license.

But if I heard Scotty right, there's a couple of tower sites that couldn't be used, for whatever reason. A modification or AU should have been a better move than scrapping the license. Hopefully the frequencies are good and didn't need changing.

Last edited:

ProducerGuy

It's supposed to be only P25. I went to their kickoff for this thing, and Broken Sky was never mentioned, even though Harris's comm bus had Broken Sky stuff installed therein. They're only gonna run encryption on "special ops" talkgroups, which makes sense. After all, what's so secret about the dog catcher, or the meter reader ?

I'll bet they had FUN climbing Mount Alto with all those trucks on that really narrow road. LOL

ProducerGuy

Leonard Rd, eh ? I thought they were gonna put that one over towards Wax/Wax Rd, or will they actually have two close together ? I'd be wondering about coverage down in that wooded zone off Chulio, if they don't have a tower over there. That's a tricky area for me on even VHF, so I'd wonder how 800 would be.

RomeRon

Leonard Rd, eh ? I thought they were gonna put that one over towards Wax/Wax Rd, or will they actually have two close together ? I'd be wondering about coverage down in that wooded zone off Chulio, if they don't have a tower over there. That's a tricky area for me on even VHF, so I'd wonder how 800 would be.

One will be right next to the race track on Hillindale Rd off Chulio Rd. and one at Leonard Rd.

ProducerGuy

One will be right next to the race track on Hillindale Rd off Chulio Rd. and one at Leonard Rd.

Thanks RomeRon, I kinda wondered about that. Were it not for the Hillindale site, you can forget doing a foot chase thru the woods on Chulio toward the county line, not to mention good coverage at Wal-Mart and the track. So, by this new development, I guess Wax is out ???

I wanna know what they've got planned for the Pocket area, that's gonna be an interesting challenge.

Any word on that license ?

Last edited:

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
To Forums Admin:
Rome / Floyd P25 System & Floyd Co P25
Can you merge all of the info on these two forums and make one forum for Rome / Floyd P25 System.
Or if not create a new forum and consider making this a sticky for the official site.
There is a lot of great info on both forums post but it would be nice to just have one place to post the info and updates to.

Thanks

Last edited:

RomeRon

Joining the Tennessee system

Floyd has paid to join the Tennessee system, Don't know what they mean by that, guessing it is the interops frequencies, all I want to know is what am I going to be able to monitor?

Thanks
RomeRon

Regsheff

Floyd co police codes

Does anyone know what a cat number is? The polioce ask the dispatcher for their cat number.

dlls1415

Does anyone know what a cat number is? The polioce ask the dispatcher for their cat number.

Could it have been CAD, as in computer aided dispatch? CAD systems assign a number to every call that is entered but the radio operator has the option to also assign a run or case # to each CAD call for the agency that responded. Not all CAD entries require a run or case # so maybe the officer just needed the CAD # for reference in his miscellaneous report.

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
City of Rome & Floyd County, Georgia (Harris Corporation P-25 System).
New Rome/Floyd County Digital Trunked Radio System Licenses Issued on 8/17/12.
Frequency Emission is: 9K80D7W, on both the Trunked & Conventional Freq.'s
I am not sure how this emission will affect scanner users on Monitoring this system.
My understanding is that they are supposed to be running P-25 Digital Voice and Data (Mobile Data).
I am not sure if this emission covers both Digital Voice & Data or not. Any ideas?
I have never seen this type emission before.

Callsign: WQPU510 - YE - Output: 4 Tower Sites/Same 10 freq.’s at each site
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQPU510 - FLOYD, COUNTY OF

Callsign: WQPU519 - YE - Output: 6 Tower Sites/Same 10 freq.’s at each site
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQPU519 - FLOYD, COUNTY OF
System Frequencies:
851.2750 851.4375 851.8250 852.2500 852.4500
852.6375 852.8125 853.1125 853.1875 853.6875

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

New Rome/Floyd County Conventional License Issued on 8/17/12.
Callsign: WQPU509 - GE - Output:
ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WQPU509 - FLOYD, COUNTY OF
These Freq.’s will be the new Conventional P-25 Repeaters for the Jail and Prison.
System Frequencies:
852.6125 (FCP) Floyd County Prison
853.3500 (FCJ) Floyd County Jail (Detention Center)

Callsign: WQPU509 - GE - Output:
Five new, 8-Tac Mutual Aid - I/O Conventional Repeaters (Mt. Alto)
System Frequencies:
851.0125 851.5125 852.0125 852.5125 853.0125

System News:
The Rome and Floyd County public works departments are scheduled to move onto the new system in mid September,
to test the coverage and operation of the new system. If they stay on schedule otherwise that date may change.
Police, fire, jail, schools, hospitals and other participants will start switching over after that.
The 10 tower sites are finally done, and equipment is being installed.
Unknown when the new system will be fully operational, as of today the Microwave linking system that links all of the towers
and system together is not licensed yet by the FCC.
I have not heard or seen any news as to when or if they will be tying the Rome/Floyd County system into the
Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System.
I assume that will be done sooner or later but as to when is unknown.

Last edited:

nunyax

Frequency Emission is: 9K80D7W, on both the Trunked & Conventional Freq.'s
I am not sure how this emission will affect scanner users on Monitoring this system.
My understanding is that they are supposed to be running P-25 Digital Voice and Data (Mobile Data).
I am not sure if this emission covers both Digital Voice & Data or not. Any ideas?
I have never seen this type emission before.

According to the wiki, it's supposed to be P25 Phase II TDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.