RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 3:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Union City PD...where in the world is Carmen Sandiego did they go?

Not hearing a peep on 453.825 PL 162.2
Did they move to the Fulton or Atlanta TRS? MotoTRBO? FRS? Two cups and a string? anyone know where they are talking these days?

Old 05-29-2012, 4:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You're right in that they do have the MOTOTRBO emissions designator on all their frequencies for WFE658. When they last modified their license in May 2011 they added more UHF pairs with MOTOTRBO. Do you hear anything on:

Just one of the "little scanner people."
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

nothing from Smyrna, but I DID hear them on 453.825 on the East-West connector on my mobile, but VERY weak, and it sounds like they've narrowbanded. I can't tell if it's patched audio from another system like TRBO or not, but it appears they've either dropped power or moved their repeater. It used to be solid copy on a portable all over Cobb county but now it barely breaks squelch on a mobile radio (using my Yaesu FT-8800R and a Larsen NMO-270B 5/8 over 5/8 wave antenna)
Old 06-04-2012, 9:40 PM

Default Ucpd

Blame it on narrowband, everybody else does that are still trying to operate in VHF or UHF and have made the transition.
Old 06-07-2012, 9:33 AM

They are still on 453.8250. They us a analog / conventional repeater. I used to hear them all around town in my mobile on a 1/4 wave whip. I think they dropped there power down on the repeater. I am mobile in that area a lot. Last night i heard the same dispatch i all ways have. What i want to know is what there tac freq"s are?
Sponsored links