Programming Savannah, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
I would like to hear police if I could, but I don't know what kind of system is used.

I would like to hear police if I could, but I don't know what kind of system is used.

Savannah is part of the Southeast Georgia Regional Radio Network, AKA SEGARRN. It is a 700/800MHz P25 all digital system. What programming software do you have? I may have the same and be able to send you the programming file with what you want to hear. All you would have to do it open it and upload to the scanner and be in business, if you have the software.

I live in Liberty Co. and monitor the system all the time since I am a volunteer firefighter.

Ronald

kf4mnd

Feed Provider
Programming Savannah.

I have an online police scanner feed here on RR that you can listen to. Just click on Chatham county. RR also has the ARC-500 (I think that's what it's called) Software program for your scanner that I think you can purchase for around $35.00. Makes programing the system that Savannah uses into your scanner, a whole lot easier! Hope this helps you out.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
The scanner software that I use to program my scanner is ProScan.

The scanner software that I use to program my scanner is ProScan.

I downloaded the trial version so that I can get you a programming file created. Do you just want to listen to police or are you interested in other agencies as well? If so, let me know which ones and I will get the file created for you. It might be tonight before I get it done if you need more than just police, but I will get it done for you. I have a subscription so I can just download the system to ProScan and configure from there.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
If you can I would like Police, Fire, and EMS.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all the help.

I will get that created tonight after I get back home from work, around 1am, and I will attempt to post it either here or somewhere else that you can retrieve it. I am not going to set any other settings, just program the system and talkgroups in. You can do the other settings as you see fit.

Thanks for all the help.

I have got the programming file ready for you. I programmed in what you requested. I included the tower frequencies for both Chatham and Bryan Counties, but only the talkgroups that are programmed in will be heard. I set the two banks for Chatham towers on Key 1 and Bryan is on Key 2. I did not set any of the quick keys for the talkgroup groups as you will need to set these up to suit you. Attached is the text file, just download it and then open ProScan, Click File, then Import and the first option. Then click "Get File" and then select the text file that you downloaded from here. Hopefully it all goes well and you will be listening in no time. If there are any issued, let me know and I will try my best to help you out!

Enjoy scanning the airwaves!!!

Attachments

• Savannah Police Fire EMS.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 206

lep

Since the OP did not specify Where he was located, it is not possible to say what SEGARRN sites would be appropriate. For example, in Statesboro, I hear the Effingham site much stronger than Bryan although Pembroke the location (at WVAN-channel 9) is closer to me. BTW, Bryan is the only site in the network so far which is all on 800 MHz, all the other sites are on 700 MHz only.

As an additional update note: Rincon GSP is now on TG 367 since yesterday as SAVCOM reprogrammed the radios in accordance with some unknown plan.

Since the OP did not specify Where he was located, it is not possible to say what SEGARRN sites would be appropriate. For example, in Statesboro, I hear the Effingham site much stronger than Bryan although Pembroke the location (at WVAN-channel 9) is closer to me. BTW, Bryan is the only site in the network so far which is all on 800 MHz, all the other sites are on 700 MHz only.

As an additional update note: Rincon GSP is now on TG 367 since yesterday as SAVCOM reprogrammed the radios in accordance with some unknown plan.

Thanks for the info lep. I will wait and see if he has any issues with the programming I created. If he does, then I will add the additional towers to the programming and resend it to him to program to his scanner.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
Sorry lchspanther2006, I got the software that I use to program my scanner wrong. It's actually FreeScan for a BCD996XT. Can you make a file with the same information for that program?

Sorry lchspanther2006, I got the software that I use to program my scanner wrong. It's actually FreeScan for a BCD996XT. Can you make a file with the same information for that program?

I shall try my best. I tried using it once and did not care for it, but I will give it another shot!

I shall try my best. I tried using it once and did not care for it, but I will give it another shot!

I got the programming done for you in FreeScan. For some reason, I thought FreeScan was the free software offered by Uniden, which I hate by the way, but its not. I have used it before and its not bad at all.

Anywho, I programmed it a little different this time, based on what "lep" informed me in an above post. I programmed all tower frequencies of the SEGARRN system and assigned them quick keys that I think would work best for you, but you can always change it.

Chatham Towers are on Quick Key 1.
Statesboro Towers are on Quick Key 2.
Bryan Towers are on Quick Key 3.
Liberty Towers are on Quick Key 4.

I did not assign keys to the talkgroup groups as you will need to set those up as you would like them.

I had to ZIP (compress) the FreeScan file since RR does no allow the file extension ".996" which is what FreeScan uses. Just download the file and unzip it to get the .996 file that you will open in FreeScan. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any issues.

Ronald

Attachments

• Savannah Fire Ems Police.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 88

lep

As an update, GSP Post 42 (Rincon) which covers Savannah, has now changed to TG 1101 although 367 is someimtes used for reasons known only to the programmers...

Status
Not open for further replies.