Great weekend for monitoring in Atlanta (NFC Playoff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I forgot that this weekend is the NFC Playoff in Atlanta. I just finished watching channel 2 news and they talked about all the extra security, police, and other agencies that will be involved. I'm wondering if some of the special channels will be used. Anyone from the area have a clue on some of the best channels to monitor?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I forgot that this weekend is the NFC Playoff in Atlanta. I just finished watching channel 2 news and they talked about all the extra security, police, and other agencies that will be involved. I'm wondering if some of the special channels will be used. Anyone from the area have a clue on some of the best channels to monitor?

On the Atlanta DTRS:
The APD OTG1-6 are usually where APD shows up for events and details, sometimes they are on APD TAC-2. Fire usually uses TAC-6 or MED-2. With Atlanta, it's whatever they feel like using (and everyone has in their radios, as every zone portable has a different template). So you'll just have to scan around on the system, but you'll find them.

GSP Troop C is usually busy on event weekends (also on the ATL DTRS).

wise871

Database Admin
So far the only heavy traffic is on the Georgia Dome (19836) talkgroup. Currently zone 3 has a hostage situation and SWAT has been called. Other than that, traffic is light but I'm sure as it gets closer to game time, things will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.