Cherokee County TRS Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Cherokee County has been licensed on WQFT234 since 09/2006. Anyone ever hear anything on them?

SCPD

QRT
Mike,

I haven't heard anything on them and do not know of any plans to use these in the near future. As far as I know all public safety agencies in Cherokee County are still operating on VHF conventional systems. At one time Cherokee County Schools was operating on an 800 MHz analog conventional system and it was believed the school system would combine their 800 MHz frequency/frequencies with the frequencies allocated for public safety operations in Cherokee County under the State of Georgia 800 MHz Regional Plan to build out a seven to ten channel TRS for all agencies in Cherokee County to use. However, Cherokee County Schools switched to a UHF MotoTRBO System within the past year and a half, so it is hard to say what they are going to do. I understand Cherokee County is being brought into the Atlanta Urban Area for disaster response and evacuation planning, so in addition to modifying the license with Call Sign WQFT234 to add narrowband emission designators and remove wide band emission designators they could be preparing to make changes related to being a part of the Atlanta UASI.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Yeah, same as what I thought. I was in Canton a couple weeks ago and scanned them, and nada. Guess they have them, so when/if they decide to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.