RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 9:16 PM
EMS Dispatcher
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Cherokee County TRS Frequencies

Cherokee County has been licensed on WQFT234 since 09/2006. Anyone ever hear anything on them?

/
\/\|k.e

EMS Dispatcher/EMD Certified
http://icanhasdriverslicense.com
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Default Cherokee County TRS Frequencies

Mike,

I haven't heard anything on them and do not know of any plans to use these in the near future. As far as I know all public safety agencies in Cherokee County are still operating on VHF conventional systems. At one time Cherokee County Schools was operating on an 800 MHz analog conventional system and it was believed the school system would combine their 800 MHz frequency/frequencies with the frequencies allocated for public safety operations in Cherokee County under the State of Georgia 800 MHz Regional Plan to build out a seven to ten channel TRS for all agencies in Cherokee County to use. However, Cherokee County Schools switched to a UHF MotoTRBO System within the past year and a half, so it is hard to say what they are going to do. I understand Cherokee County is being brought into the Atlanta Urban Area for disaster response and evacuation planning, so in addition to modifying the license with Call Sign WQFT234 to add narrowband emission designators and remove wide band emission designators they could be preparing to make changes related to being a part of the Atlanta UASI.

Just a thought.

Last edited by MTTARadioMgr; 01-29-2013 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 1:17 AM
EMS Dispatcher
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Yeah, same as what I thought. I was in Canton a couple weeks ago and scanned them, and nada. Guess they have them, so when/if they decide to go!

/
\/\|k.e

EMS Dispatcher/EMD Certified
http://icanhasdriverslicense.com