The Exhaled Leaders Georgia Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

micco

Catching some interesting MilAir/CivAir traffic in reference to Obama's Atlanta visit. 323.00 KHZ had some traffic earlier reference Transponder Squawk codes, time tables for support aircraft departures, Airspace closures, and Fighter coverage. Caught a little air-to-air traffic between two commercial jets regarding the inconvenience of the Temporary Flight Restrictions in place over Atlanta.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B144 Safari/8536.25)

I didn't think the Prez held his breath the whole flight. But glad he exhaled anyway.

micco

Yes I am the victim of Auto Correct... I do wish he would hold his breath for that long...

And yes, KHZ as in AM.. It is one the low altitude VFR frequencies based out of Augusta I think.

323KHz

Catching some interesting MilAir/CivAir traffic in reference to Obama's Atlanta visit. 323.00 KHZ had some traffic earlier reference Transponder Squawk codes, time tables for support aircraft departures, Airspace closures, and Fighter coverage. Caught a little air-to-air traffic between two commercial jets regarding the inconvenience of the Temporary Flight Restrictions in place over Atlanta.

323 is a NDB - Non-directional beacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You can exhale now.

323 OUK USA GA Calhoun N 34 24 06 W 084 55 36

LW Radio Beacons

micco

Thanks for the info.. I figured it was something along those lines. I have picked up Commercial traffic on that frequency before but nothing Military.

I was rather surprised at the type and amount of radio traffic that was sent in the clear. Lots of, what I perceived to be, fairly sensitive info.

wtp

?

ok lets try this..
what radio did you catch this on
also 323 khz is lower than the am band 323mhz is military air
either way good catch

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
PREZ Visit

Also picked up encrypted radio traffic on both the Secret Service's OSCAR and SIERRA channels. Both were using a NAC 001 code but obviously couldn't hear what they were saying. The most interesting traffic was over on the GSP channels - GSP DISPATCH and APDMUTAID1, both on the Atlanta P25 system. There, the radio traffic was non-stop mostly coordinating roadblocks, clearing bridges and sides-of-the-roads for by-standers.

SiuDude2

Also picked up encrypted radio traffic on both the Secret Service's OSCAR and SIERRA channels. Both were using a NAC 001 code but obviously couldn't hear what they were saying. The most interesting traffic was over on the GSP channels - GSP DISPATCH and APDMUTAID1, both on the Atlanta P25 system. There, the radio traffic was non-stop mostly coordinating roadblocks, clearing bridges and sides-of-the-roads for by-standers.

Some radios using Oscar were in the clear, probably by accident. Lots of good listening on APD MA1 and the VHF ATC frequencies. Also, for the first time ever, Air Force 1 was trackable on flightradar24:

92-9000 - US Air Force (USAF) - Flightradar24

Status
Not open for further replies.