RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

it worked awsume job and thanks
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Bravo for Google Documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0xPro-197 View Post
it worked awsume job and thanks
Sometimes, I have trouble with Hotmail, particularly after it became Outlook.

If you still need help with mapping things, I left scan list 20 open. I had no way of knowing whether your rig would intercept the signals. So, I can help with mapping if needed.

Also, if you find the medical/fire to be annoying since I included all systems on scan list 15, you could use scan list 20 for remote fire/ems.

For me, my scanning interests are for law enforcement & federal. That is why I have it mapped this way. I rarely engage fire/ems scan lists.

You are sitting on a fairly rich scanning environment provided your antenna pulls in distant signals.

However, I hope you've stopped using that magnetic scanner antenna mounted on a coffee can. Did that work for you? I've tried using my mobile here in the apartment with limited success.

Glad I could help you.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

it works ok its a matter of maken sure the coaxs is set in a away i guess streching it out im usen 2 mot ant outside ona pole and pulling in clelevland tenn not allways but sometimes im able too
just tril and error
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Coupler

Quote:
it works ok its a matter of maken sure the coaxs is set in a away i guess streching it out im usen 2 mot ant outside ona pole and pulling in clelevland tenn not allways but sometimes im able too
just tril and error
Are you using a coupler? I looked at your shack photograph and saw two flexible antennas attached to a lot of metal.

Are you taking your outside antenna coax & going straight to the radio? Or, are you passing it through couplers? Some people have warned me about this due to DB reduction. If you are using a coupler, I would certainly try to run direct to see if it makes a difference.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

NAH ITS STRIGHT FROM THE COAXIS A TO THE RADIO THE 2 ANT ARE ONA COUPLER BUT THATS AT THE END OF THE COAIXSE I HAD SEEN A HAM OPER TELL ME NOT TOO SO I REDID IT oops sorry caps lock i have one in the attic away from any inter fearance near the front pourch the others ina tree on a hill i hope it helps me bigtime
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

finally after over 1 week i got rg-6 too replace my old coaxis much improved
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

scanners talking pretty darn good and it sounds nearly cear im gonna be getting a new outdoor ant the st2 off ebay when im able too
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default How Far?

Quote:
scanners talking pretty darn good and it sounds nearly cear im gonna be getting a new outdoor ant the st2 off ebay when im able too
Can you pick up Atlanta? What is the most distant signal you are receiving? Cool, I'm glad this is working out for you.

This is why I love "some" digital transmissions. In Austin, Texas, some people have difficulty monitoring their radio system. There are so many variables involved in receiving a good digital signal.

Last edited by Ensnared; 04-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: added statement
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

avg atm is dalton and on trunking its heard co
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2013, 1:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Misunderstanding You

Quote:
avg atm is dalton and on trunking its heard co
I don't understand what you said. Are you able to pull in Atlanta or other trunking systems programmed?
Old 04-08-2013, 4:19 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

im able too get warrs with is carroll harslson coweta herd and im able too get arcs in alabama and on some morning even pull in tenns trunking system i dunno about atlanata ill have too try too see if im able too
Old 04-08-2013, 4:24 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

i believe i get that st2 ant ill pull in atl and cobb ill have it up 30 feet ona hill
Old 04-08-2013, 9:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Applaud

Quote:
i believe i get that st2 ant ill pull in atl and cobb ill have it up 30 feet ona hill
I'm happy this is working out for you since Polk County has shut listeners out. I used to live near Houston, Texas & had a lively scanning environment. I sure miss it, but Waco seems to be "Little Houston" in ways. We have a fairly high crime rate here. According to DPS, there are a plethora of gang members running amok. Of course, some LE agencies embellish their issues for secondary gain, getting more money, officers or high tech toys. LOL.
Old 04-09-2013, 2:44 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

yeah it sucks that polks went all encrypt cause it use too come in handy when mom would goto the bank pay bills ect if ther were roads blocked due too accident ect d tell her too take a differ way and it also helped during seaver weather allway was ready but theres allways more then one way too stay informed
Old 04-09-2013, 2:46 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

ive lived in 3 states since i started listening too scanning michigan kentuckey and hhere in ga been in ga now 17 years i just enjoy the hobby im not out trying to get in the ems fire and polices way being the son of a former MSP and wyoming city michigan sheriff i can under stand and respect that they put there lives on the line everyday
Sponsored links

Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Update

By the way, how is that program working for you now? Which ones did not work too well?
Old 04-28-2013, 1:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

its been doing well and thanks for all your hard work i do need too find a better ant for 700mhz/400mhz/150 mhz im looking at getting a beam and hopefully that will improve the reception
Old 04-29-2013, 1:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Great

Quote:
its been doing well and thanks for all your hard work i do need too find a better ant for 700mhz/400mhz/150 mhz im looking at getting a beam and hopefully that will improve the reception
Well, like I said before, you might not have local covered, but you are in a great spot for radio monitoring. Glad to hear from you.
Old 04-29-2013, 3:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
Well, like I said before, you might not have local covered, but you are in a great spot for radio monitoring. Glad to hear from you.
well i do thank you very much for taken time too do it im very greatful my friend