Morgan County considering new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunyax

Yes, Morgan signed the IGA for OARS in late 2008 but has never followed through on it:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...orum/132164-oconee-areawide-radio-system.html

Apparently they're testing MOTOTRBO now as I'm hearing it daily on both their LE and fire frequencies along with their existing analog. At least they're trying to avoid spending the 4 to 5 million it would take to move to OARS and looking at something more affordable.

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Madison PD has been on 'Trbo for a few months now

nunyax

This was on the 9/3 Morgan County BOC agenda:

New Business:
1. *Quote from Metropolitan Communications for VHF Digital Radio System
(1) Radio Equipment from Metropolitan Communications
(2) Management Agreement for the Acquisition and Implementation of a
VHF Turbo Radio System
2. *Memorandum of Understanding between Craig Baker and Morgan
County for Use of Site for the Installation of Public Safety
Communication Equipment
3. *Communication Shelters Quote (Two concrete radio towers)

N8IAA

Guess the next generation scanners need to have TRBO and NXDN, along with Phase II. I do understand why counties are going the cheap route for narrow banding.
Larry

RRR

Premium Subscriber
7/11/2013: "Madison Police Chief Bill Ashburn said their radios are analog so those would have to be replaced at a cost of about $550 each."

Again, Madison PD has been on 'Trbo for a few months now.

nunyax

Guess the next generation scanners need to have TRBO and NXDN, along with Phase II. I do understand why counties are going the cheap route for narrow banding.
Larry

Hey Larry,

Apparently scanners can receive TRBO now as I've been hearing Madison PD even though they've been "*Trbo for a few months now.";)

nunyax

From the Morgan County Citizen:

The BOC also approved a quote from Metropolitan Communications for a VHF Digital Radio System for the acquisition and implementation of the system for almost $380,000.

Two transmitter sites, Connect Plus trunking?

Complete article here.

nunyax

03/19 08:00 - Dispatch instructed all fire and law personnel to switch over to digital. Fire continued to simulcast on analog as they did lots of radio checks with fire personnel over the next couple of hours. I did hear a fire page go out around 17:00 so the digital dispatch channel will apparently continue to be simulcast. I don't know what frequencies they are using for digital.

nunyax

Morgan is using 152.7275 and 152.1575. No call sign shows for those frequencies. The CW id "CHANGEME" is being transmitting on 152.7275.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Wow, the paper says their putting in a "Tracked Trbo High Brand" system..... wow.

Journalists just don't even try to check if anything is right anymore, obviously they just print what they feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.