DeKalb Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I have it on reliable authority that the DeKalb Police North Precinct has ceased to exist due to the vast majority of their zone now falling under the jurisdiction of either Dunwoody or the new city of Brookhaven. It is unclear at this point what the disposition is of the North Preceinct DISPATCH and TAC talkgroups (6001, 6002). Perhaps someone else can monitor and help clarify how these are being used.

Metrofire31

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Dunwoody has had it's own police force from the earliest days of its incorporation. They are dispatched by CHATT-COMM, who dispatches both Sandy Springs and Johns Creek public safety, but they use the DeKalb County radio system. You can find their talkgroups here on RR. Yell if I can help further.

Metrofire31

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
A friend of mine who works DKPD as a Northside Sgt posted it as well that the Precinct closed. He took to floor plan placard as a souvinier.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
The North Precinct did close, but there are still some small unincorporated areas in what was the North Precinct area, mainly the areas south Chamblee and Doraville.. These are still patrolled and worked by Dekalb PD, but were absorbed into the Tucker and Center Precincts. I'll post a new Dekalb PD beat map when I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.