GA Forestry Freq and pl tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what freq GA forestry uses up in North East Georgia. I have the currahee repeater but I would like to know where the other towers are located and what their Freq, offset and access Pl tones are.

I am a fire Fighter with Carnesville Fire Department and the Communication officer for that department. This information will not be abused.

The one Freq that I have is 159.120RX and TX 15*.*** ( not sure if I need to display this) with Pl tone of 131.8.

My fire radio will key up this repeater but I would like to have the others for our department.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
well that's the list of repeaters that I was looking for I just wish I knew their Pl tones. I imagine they are set up like our fire repeaters in our county (Franklin co.). They all have the same input and output as far as Freq but each repeater has its own access pl tones.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
kk4dnl,

Good thread. I had assumed no PL tones. Wrong.

The District 7 repeater, which covers west-central Georgia, uses PL 179.9

(Submitted to GA Forestry database; see link from SkiBob)

ecps92

I would say contact the agency and ask, I'm sure they will share it with authorized users

Does anyone know what freq GA forestry uses up in North East Georgia. I have the currahee repeater but I would like to know where the other towers are located and what their Freq, offset and access Pl tones are.

I am a fire Fighter with Carnesville Fire Department and the Communication officer for that department. This information will not be abused.

The one Freq that I have is 159.120RX and TX 15*.*** ( not sure if I need to display this) with Pl tone of 131.8.

My fire radio will key up this repeater but I would like to have the others for our department.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I would say contact the agency and ask, I'm sure they will share it with authorized users

Exactly.

Why not go through your agency and get proper authorization, so you don't end up in a situation like this:

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...ed-incursion-into-law-enforcement-system.html

I am sure if that agency wants you to be on their radio system, they will have no problem giving you what you need, or directing you to their radio system manager or designated radio shop to get you up and going.

Go rogue and no one has your back.

Always easier to ask for permission than forgiveness.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
I don't know why I did not ask them first, was not thinking. lol

I have want I need now. And it is confirmed that their repeater system here in north east GA all have the same input and output freq just different PL access tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.