RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 8:43 AM

Default bc15x trunking

hello erbody
iv been a free member for awhile,never posted but im having problems with programming my 15x,i live in douglas county Georgia.and the city of douglasville is on Motorola type 2 smartnet,i got my scanner programed [ I think] but im not hearing nothing,its scanning ....all the modes on the rr list are A-analog,so I think it will hear those ids...or maybe I need a new scanner to hear them
Sponsored links

Old 02-02-2014, 8:59 AM

If you go back to the database for Douglasville, see under Miscellaneous Information it says Douglasville Police are transitioning to the Cobb County P25 System. There's no date as to when that was posted so I don't know if they have gone over or not. If so, you would need a digital capable scanner to monitor Cobb County.

Also, the frequencies listed for the Douglasville Trunk System are within the MHz range that was required to be rebanded (856 to 858 MHz). Either they received an exemption from the rebanding requirement or the database hasn't been updated to show the rebanded frequencies.

It might have been a better idea posting this on the Georgia Forum but it's too late now as double posting is a no no here. Maybe if one of the admins sees this and agrees, they can move it.

Last edited by DJ88; 02-02-2014 at 9:05 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 11:02 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Push the button to "Report Post" and ask to have this thread moved to the GA state forum section. It is the red triangle in the upper right hand area of your post. It will get moved.

Last edited by RBMTS; 02-02-2014 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Better description
Old 02-02-2014, 12:14 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimebago View Post
hello erbody
iv been a free member for awhile,never posted but im having problems with programming my 15x,i live in douglas county Georgia.and the city of douglasville is on Motorola type 2 smartnet,i got my scanner programed [ I think] but im not hearing nothing,its scanning ....all the modes on the rr list are A-analog,so I think it will hear those ids...or maybe I need a new scanner to hear them
Yep, you're going to need a scanner that does digital P-25 to hear Douglasville.
Larry
Old 02-02-2014, 2:31 PM

thanks for the replies,i think I posted a few ears ago,on this subject..just forgot,guess im gonna save my $$$ to get a digital scanner ...still like messing with this bct15x,figure learn it and when I get the new one ill have less of a head ache programing it
Sponsored links