Macon/Bibb moves - anybody know where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesdotcc

Hi guys,
Can anybody confirm where Macon/Bibb have moved their traffic to? I'm providing the FD feed on RR, which is silent now presumably because of the move with the consolidation. I'm not currently local to experiment and try and find them. Did they just move talk groups or did they finally move to the P25 system? I can reprogram remotely if I can figure it out.

Thanks,
Charles

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything from the new system yet, and I've been to Macon several times in the past month.

charlesdotcc

Yeah, I saw the database had changed, but was under the impression they never bought the radios to go with it. It also has been in the database for years but no reported activity. I'll give it a try later if I get a chance.

mjbjr

Me and Charles have spoken about this as well, and I'm not getting anything from SO or fire. Now p35 (I don't know what it us) but will my pro 197 pick it up?

tonydugan

Macon Bibb Moved

They are on P25 with the new talk groups listed. There has to be more groups though, the ones listed are just for public safety.

tonydugan

Macon Bibb Moved

The dispatch for Macon PD and Bibb SO are now the same in they merged.

charlesdotcc

Ok, thanks Tony. I'll get that changed. Agreed, there must be a lot more talkgroups than what's currently listed.

Hey man, yeah, your Pro-197 should pick it up - Pro-197 - The RadioReference Wiki

P25 is just the newer standard for trunking radios. The system Macon has been on up to now was a "SmartZone" system that was made by Motorola. Now, the gov't has mandated everybody move to the same P25 standard. According to news articles I read, Macon bought this P25 system way back in the mid-2000's with grant money, but never paid for the radios to go with it, so it sat doing nothing for years. I guess they finally ponied up the cash for the rest of the parts to make it work, just in time for them to buy a new system from Harris reportedly...

charlesdotcc

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said mandated. But if you're getting any federal money like a grant or anything, most of it requires you to get P25 equipment, for interoperability.

I've got the feed reprogrammed, BTW. There definitely are a lot of other talkgroups.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Could you post some TG's or whatever, please? I'm not hearing anything from the new system

mjbjr

Charles,I think i have them uploaded now.I hear them talking now.If anyone would liek to listen and tell me what they here.I feel ive missed something or added something wrong for some reason.

mjbjr

Seems it is working now with Charles's help. I just need to tweak it and get fire out of the rotation

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Seems it is working now with Charles's help. I just need to tweak it and get fire out of the rotation

Could you please share? I have a BCD996XT and would love to get mine tweaked up and be able to hear it good as well.

Seems a regular upload from the database here, to my ARC-XT and into the scanner doesn't quite do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.