RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014, 9:01 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default USFS North GA Repeater Locations

I have been listening to a USFS freq 168.775 here in Carnesville GA for a few months now . It said on the RF data base that this Freq is coming out of Blairsville GA but I have just heard some chatter on a Brass Town Bald Repeater.

Does any body know where all of the Chattahoochee National Forest USFS repeaters are located at? And how many are they using?

The scanner feed that I am streaming has this Freq in the scan list if any one wants to listen. USFS is generally not that busy tho.
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2014, 2:27 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default in ctown

im hearing it here in cedartown as well darn good too i wish i knew were the repater was its about 100+ miles from me
Old 05-31-2014, 7:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

What PL Tone ???

As for Rptr sites, we do know of
Long Mtn - Need PL
Bald - Need PL
Glassy Mtn - 114.8
OConee - 136.5
Long Creek - Need PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4dnl View Post
I have been listening to a USFS freq 168.775 here in Carnesville GA for a few months now . It said on the RF data base that this Freq is coming out of Blairsville GA but I have just heard some chatter on a Brass Town Bald Repeater.

Does any body know where all of the Chattahoochee National Forest USFS repeaters are located at? And how many are they using?

The scanner feed that I am streaming has this Freq in the scan list if any one wants to listen. USFS is generally not that busy tho.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The scanners and Radios I am using to pick up this radio traffic are all programmed with no tone so I can hear everything. But I am pretty sure that this Freq is used nation wide because I will pick up very faint signals ( Guessing ) North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. I will hear roads and Mountain ranges that I have never heard / seen before.

Out of your list above I have heard the Long Mt, Brass town Bald, Glassy, and I think Long Creek all being vocalized when the ranger keys up that specific repeater trying to raise some one on the other end.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes, Frequencies will get re-used by other forests, but generally with a different PL tone so as to prevent any interference or error in messages when the info is not from their forest.

However I only have GA for this Freq in your area.
NC/SC/TN use others

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk4dnl View Post
The scanners and Radios I am using to pick up this radio traffic are all programmed with no tone so I can hear everything. But I am pretty sure that this Freq is used nation wide because I will pick up very faint signals ( Guessing ) North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. I will hear roads and Mountain ranges that I have never heard / seen before.

Out of your list above I have heard the Long Mt, Brass town Bald, Glassy, and I think Long Creek all being vocalized when the ranger keys up that specific repeater trying to raise some one on the other end.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2014, 1:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

well maybe some of the USFS districts in South Ga instead of North GA where I am.

I made that assumption just based off of the mountains in those states all have National Forest areas and are higher then My location so just wild guessing.

where I have my scanner at here in Carnesville GA I can pick up Brass town Bald and Glassy mt very well. Other repeaters are a little week/ low volume.

Tags
168.775, blairsville, usfs