RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 11:28 AM

Default DKFR Freq.

Hi all,

Does DKFR transmit their dispatch on a VHF channel at all? I would like to program a VHF minitor pager if they still have a VHF channel that activates pagers with tones.

If they still do not have this infrastructure in place, can someone tell me more about their alerting system? I also have a Uniden BCD396T digital scanner and have their dispatch and ops channels programmed in. Just looking to see if there is a way to have a pager or my scanner selectively activate for certain stations that are alerted.
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2014, 1:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What's a dikfer?
Old 06-12-2014, 1:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtones01 View Post
Hi all,

Does DKFR transmit their dispatch on a VHF channel at all? I would like to program a VHF minitor pager if they still have a VHF channel that activates pagers with tones.

If they still do not have this infrastructure in place, can someone tell me more about their alerting system? I also have a Uniden BCD396T digital scanner and have their dispatch and ops channels programmed in. Just looking to see if there is a way to have a pager or my scanner selectively activate for certain stations that are alerted.

Since I Googled DKFR, and found nothing but sites for Denmark, I presumed you were posting about DeKalb county, GA. DeKalb FD is on a digital, P-25, Phase I system. All FD stations are alerted via digital tones on the system. Even when they were on their old analog trunked system, they were paged out via the system..
Larry
Old 06-12-2014, 1:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default DKFR

DeKalb County Fire, as posted above, dispatches all 26 stations via the digital trunked system. This do this on the "DISPATCH" talkgroup and all apparatus respond on the "OPERATIONS" talkgroup unless otherwise assigned to one of the selective battalion "TAC" talkgroups. As far as I know, the only you MIGHT be able to set up alerts for certain stations, and I believe it might only apply at night, would be to find our the A&B two-tone alerting code for each station. I worked in DeKalb for the past five years about 500 yards from Station 1 ("Emory Guard") and if I recall correctly, during daylight hours, the Dispatchers simply use a single alerting tone (either once or twice). There is too much radio traffic to employ the paging in the daytime; besides, the firefighters are awake and don't required the tones that set off the horns, turn on the lights, etc.

Way more than you asked but hopefully this helps. DeKalb is a very busy department and I've always enjoyed listening to them. They still have a fairly high ratio of fires due to the very high number of apartment complexes.

Metrofire31
Western North Carolina
WQIT636
Old 06-12-2014, 2:00 PM

Thanks, I do mean DeKalb County Fire Rescue. Does anyone know how I would obtain a list of the two tone codes for each station? I already have the DISPATCH and OPS channels programmed in my digital scanner, looking to set up a tone out functionality.
Sponsored links

Tags
dekalb, dekalb station alerting, dkfr