RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Georgia Radio Discussion Forum

Georgia Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Georgia.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Exclamation Houston County / Warner Robins, Georgia - Programming

Hello all. I'm pretty new to this website/forum. I've left a couple posts but this is my first thread.

Basically, I'm just curious as to if anyone here has any frequencies (analog or digital) or talkgroup IDs that are not listed in the frequency database.
The reason I ask is because I am fairly new to scanning and programming (I have had my RS Pro-106, that I've been programming with ARC500, for less than a month now) and my Wildcards have found 2 talkgroup IDs that are not listed in the database and I also have about 10 talkgroup IDs for Houston County/Warner Robins, GA that are not listed as well.

If anyone has a list of their frequencies (analog or digital) or talkgroup IDs that are not listed here in the database and don't mind sharing with me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm still learning and still have a lot to learn at that, but I would really like to be able to program my Pro-106 to it's maximum potential and be able to pick up anything and everything around the middle Georgia area, focusing mainly in Houston County / Warner Robins, GA.

I haven't had any luck picking up Peach County or Byron, GA either, so if anyone has any input on those areas, feel free to chime in or private message me.

John Hanson
Sponsored links

Old 07-15-2014, 1:09 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The database is maintained by submissions from members like you. If you have additional information click on Submit Info on the system page to add this information to the database for all to use.

This is especially important now that some newer scanners rely on the database for self-programming.
Old 07-15-2014, 4:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Peach county is on VHF NXDN
Old 07-15-2014, 2:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
So help me understand then. Is this information old, even though it was updated 2 months ago?
Houston County / Peach County Trunking System, Various, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Perhaps it's another bogus system? Please share as I am interested.
Old 07-15-2014, 3:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The "recent update" was a fire tac TG in Houston county. I have not been able to monitor any Peach county Sheriff, Fire, or Ft. Valley PD on the 800 system, so I can't answer that for you.

I can however say that they are currently using VHF NXDN.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=493

(Dates are rather recent also)

If they do have some 700/800 MHZ in use, I haven't heard it while I'm there. But the digital VHF is going off quite frequently.

Last edited by RRR; 07-15-2014 at 3:24 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2014, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RMH View Post
The database is maintained by submissions from members like you. If you have addaren'tnal information click on Submit Info on the system page to add this information to the database for all to use.

This is especially important now that some newer scanners rely on the database for self-programming.

I was actually going to submit the talkgroup IDs that I have been able to pick up from Wildcards that aren't listed in the database but it says to only submit if I know everything about it and I don't. I can't verify if it's Houston County sheriff, Warner Robins PD, Centerville PD, etc.
Old 07-16-2014, 1:06 PM

Quote:
That explains why I can't pick them up.
Every now and then I will pick up Byron PD or Byron FD but all I get is static. I have never actually heard anyone.
Old 07-16-2014, 1:10 PM

I understand that Byron PD is on NXDN but what about Peach County Sheriff? It doesn't state that they are on NXDN as well, correct?
Old 07-16-2014, 2:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanson0101 View Post
I understand that Byron PD is on NXDN but what about Peach County Sheriff? It doesn't state that they are on NXDN as well, correct?
Yes, they are. VHF NXDN.

The "Static" you hear is digital NXDN that your scanner can not decode.

What TG's did you find? Why not post hem here?
Sponsored links
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 PM

This morning I was able to actually pickup Byron PD, Byron FD and also Peach County Public Safety. On all three I was able to hear communication fairly clear. Can anyone explain to me why I was actually able to pick that up? I'm fairly new to this and from what I understand is that my RS Pro-106 shouldn't be able to decode those transmissions.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:17 PM

I will have to download my Pro-106 information back to ARC500 and compare the TGIDs to the ones on the database to figure out which ones I have that are not listed before I post them. I don't want to post the wrong information.
This morning, while scanning, I picked up four more TGIDs from Wildcards.
TGID - 12 - under the HOUSTON COUNTY, GA Trunk System Frequencies.
TGID - 651
- 507 - (all 3) under the MACON-BIBB, GA Trunk System Frequencies

Again, those TGIDs are all from the ones I just discovered this morning while scanning so I don't know any more information about them yet.
If anyone has any more information to go along with anything relating to this, please share. I'm fairly new to this and have a lot to learn.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-17-2014, 2:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
This morning I was able to actually pickup Byron PD, Byron FD and also Peach County Public Safety. On all three I was able to hear communication fairly clear. Can anyone explain to me why I was actually able to pick that up? I'm fairly new to this and from what I understand is that my RS Pro-106 shouldn't be able to decode those transmissions.

You're talking about on VHF, correct?

If they are using "Mixed mode" NXDN, they my sometimes be on analog, and sometimes on digital.
Old 07-17-2014, 2:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

This morning, while scanning, I picked up four more TGIDs from Wildcards.
TGID - 12 - under the HOUSTON COUNTY, GA Trunk System Frequencies.
TGID - 651
- 507 - (all 3) under the MACON-BIBB, GA Trunk System Frequencies
Would help if you could ID them. In other words, what were they talking about on those TG's? 12 is not listed on the Houston co. system, so it could (should) be added, but what do we list it as in our scanner? Were they running tags? Chasing dogs? etc....
Old 07-18-2014, 1:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Are you going to provide the feed for that area? I would love to hear that area.

Running off a Pro-197
Old 07-18-2014, 9:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I sure hope not. We would not be able to hear them for too much longer if someone does that.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2014, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbjr View Post
Are you going to provide the feed for that area? I would love to hear that area.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Again, I'm fairly new to this and still have a lot to learn. I apologize.
Old 07-19-2014, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Would help if you could ID them. In other words, what were they talking about on those TG's? 12 is not listed on the Houston co. system, so it could (should) be added, but what do we list it as in our scanner? Were they running tags? Chasing dogs? etc....
I haven't had a chance to program those TGIDs yet nor have I had the chance to monitor those TGIDs.
I apologize.
If anyone has any information on these TGIDs or any other TGIDs, please feel free to chime in.
If no one has narrowed down the information about these TGIDs by the time I do, I will post the information that I find.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Again, I'm fairly new to this and still have a lot to learn. I apologize.
Are you going to be a feed provider for this location?

Quote:
I sure hope not. We would not be able to hear them for too much longer if someone does that.
How come?

I dont know anything about NXDN,but you said his scanner cant decode it. so can other scanners decode them?

Thanks

Running off a Pro-197
Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

How come?

I dont know anything about NXDN,but you said his scanner cant decode it. so can other scanners decode them?

Thanks
No scanner can decode NXDN digital fomat.

Because if you stream them, then they will most likely soon enable encryption to prevent it, like many other depts. have done. (Sighhhh, here comes another infraction for telling the truth)
Old 07-19-2014, 1:50 PM

Quote:

How come?

Thanks

I'm not sure how to go about doing that so I'm just going to say no. For the time being, until I learn more, I will not be a feed provider.
I mainly scan Houston County Sheriff/ Warner Robins Police and I would hate for them to go encrypted.
A couple of their TGIDs are already encrypted and it aggravates the crap out of me not being able to hear what's going on. I wish there was a way around it.