Dodge County, Eastman

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcreech128

Dodge county Eastman ga has recently gone digital phase 2 does anyone know what the frequencies are..just bought the new bcd536hp ...all I have the old analog only one they are using is the dodge county fire page channel Simulcast

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Dodge county is not on phase 2 P25, they use NXDN digital.

rapidcharger

I should hope they're not on p25 phase 2 but it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you hear digital noise on 154.65? If so that is their NXDN signal that they are in fact licensed for.
The bad news is that shiny new scanner you bought won't do you any good for that.
The good news is you can buy a digital radio for less money that will. As long as it's not encrypted which police departments have a habit of doing.

rapidcharger

What are the frequencies you are currently listening to and are you hearing digital noise on them if you open the squelch? Once I have that info I can cross reference with the FCC licenses to verify that is what they are using before proceeding with the rest.

jcreech128

Dodge county & eastman ga public safety

In the bcd536hp full data base for dodge county ems 156.230 analog, county fire 154.415, Eastman city fire 154.160 county LEA 154.650 these are all old repeater analog FREQUENCIES ...dodge county & Eastman ga public safety went digital last year. there is no local radio shack store to see if they have updated Information... I work at dodge county ems bought the scanner for my wife if I can't get correct frequencies I have screwed myself buying this scanner I kniw,they have to be phase 2 but have k ow,way of knowing fir sure..I hope you can help me .thanks jcreech128

rapidcharger

Ok the 156.230 is actually a splinter... 156.2325 And it is licensed for NXDN digital still an active license for that as a conventional single site repeater.
154.160 is in there as the same. I didn't find the other two but it's probably safe to assume they are NXDN as well. I don't see any licenses for any P25. And it would be ludacris for a town that size to have a cutting edge "I'm-a Wastin' Your Money" phase 2 trunking system.
Since you work for the county EMS, what kind of radios are you using? If they are Kenwoods or Icoms and you hear a digital noise on your scanner when someone is transmitting that sounds a little like a diesel engine running, that's NXDN and your new scanner won't be of any use for that.

The only possible way you could be on phase 2 P25 is if you are on perhaps the Macon Bibb Race-to-waste trunking system and you would more than likely have Motorola APX series race-to-waste radios that cost several thousand dollars a piece. Those are still relatively uncommon even in the urban areas of metro atlanta although some counties are starting to switch to that or plan to switch to it. Very unlikely Dodge county has.

jcreech128

You have definitely hi t nail on head..so, what digital scanner handles the nxdn digital then? I will be returning the bcd536hp dang I liked it but not what I need. where I live in wilcox county ga still analog repeater narrow band.
thank you so much for responding so quickly

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Dodge county is on NXDN digital, there is no P25 for the county or city, I know this for fact.

They use encryption on the NXDN freqs. as well.

Have fun with that.

N8IAA

You have definitely hi t nail on head..so, what digital scanner handles the nxdn digital then? I will be returning the bcd536hp dang I liked it but not what I need. where I live in wilcox county ga still analog repeater narrow band.
thank you so much for responding so quickly

No scanner on the market can hear NXDN. You might be able to buy an Icom or Kenwood NXDN radio. But, if it is encrypted as RRR says, it won't matter.
Larry

rapidcharger

Don't panic just yet.
I'm eating with one hand, typing w/ the other so pardon my brevity and typos.
There is a very low cost ways to monitor nxdn using some free software and a $10-$20 tv tuner dongle but there's a bit of a learniung curve w/ getting set up. This is only going to work if encryption is not in use. Encryption is seldom used on fire and ems. Usuaaly the police are the ones that want to conceal their traffic for some reason i can only imagine. But the only place I can think of in the state that encrypts fire and uses nxdn is in a nearby county to you but a different county none the less. Maybe RRR can definitively confirm that fire is indeed encrypted and not just the popo.

anothyer option is to get a nxdn radio such as the kenwood nx series or the icom 3161. note that the icom is only compatible if they are running in very narrow,6.25khz bandwidth.
I know someone who just picked up a used one for $108 that has the digital board but it is for uhf and those are more plentiful than the vhf ones. Again, only useful if the channels you wwant to monitor are not locked down. Being that yo0u are in the EMS you might be able to get the privacy code to unlock the transmissionsif yo uhave a radio.

jcreech128

Dodge county ems and fire uses Kenwood radios I will try to find out if ems and fire is encrypted or not..I work dodge ems tomorrow..thank You jcreech128

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I understand Bleckley county encrypts all their NXDN traffic as well.

I think it's a particular vendor thing.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Dodge county doesn't issue y'all radios? (Or do y'all have to share and leave them for the next shift?) ...Seems they would let you purchase one from their vendor.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken, Tattnall county does too, all of it, 100% of the time....

;)

rapidcharger

No radios issued leave for the next shift. How about Laurens county Dublin ga are they nxdn or phase 2

The only phase ii currently in the state is
Macon-Bibb
Clayton County
Cobb County
Tennessee Regional wasting millions network
North fulton and soon to be Fulton county.. both different money wasting systems covering the same area and taxing the same people again.

These are all wide area trunking systems.
According the database laurens county is either using analog conventional on an expired license or they're using DMR which is similar to nxdn but not compatible with nxdn radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.