The North Fulton County's new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks... How do i go about getting the new frequency's for the city's of Roswell,Johns creek, Alpharetta & Milton. Sandy springs. That goes for the fire & police & ems rural metro..
Thanks
Kevin Hudson
Security officer/ EMR

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
The system still doesn't have a control channel up. Also, R/MA will be dispatching on the Fulton DTRS when it comes active. R/MA will still have the Alpha/Roswell/ChattComm channels on the northside in their radios. They also have E. Point, College Park, and all the Fulton Fire TGs in them as well.

Also, check your RR inbox for something I sent you!

Casey

According to the bid solicitation material expect many agencies to initially be on Phase I for the foreseeable future as the county listed a large number of existing XTS & XTL (Phase I) assets among subscribers on the analog system currently being used. Probably will see TDMA and FDMA range testing comms soon though.

mikey60

Picking up the CC info on my 197. So, maybe Phase I for now?
Larry

There's no difference between a phase 1 and a phase 2 control channel other than some extra control messages on phase 2 capable systems. The PRO-197 will still read a phase 2 control channel just fine. It just won't be able to track to TDMA voice channels.

Mike

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I have some questions about the transition to this system...

Does it completely replace the current Motorola Fulton County 800Mhz system, or will it just be utilized by north county agencies (i.e. Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Sandy Springs, Milton)?

When it does go live, the current Motorola Fulton County system will then be transitioned to a P25 system, correct? At that point, will only south county agencies be on the "new" Fulton County 800Mhz P25 system?

Just trying to understand if the intent of this system is to totally replace the 800Mhz system, or just for the north county agencies.

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

N8IAA

I have some questions about the transition to this system...

Does it completely replace the current Motorola Fulton County 800Mhz system, or will it just be utilized by north county agencies (i.e. Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Sandy Springs, Milton)?

When it does go live, the current Motorola Fulton County system will then be transitioned to a P25 system, correct? At that point, will only south county agencies be on the "new" Fulton County 800Mhz P25 system?

Just trying to understand if the intent of this system is to totally replace the 800Mhz system, or just for the north county agencies.

Thanks in advance for any explanation.
What is highlighted. For some crazy reason, they decided not to be on the new Fulton county system. There is a separate thread on that subject.
Larry

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

Every North county city except Johns Creek will be primary users of the system.

When it does go live, the current Motorola Fulton County system will then be transitioned to a P25 system, correct?

The current Fulton county Smartnet system is being replaced with an Astro 25 7.14 core system, and getting many more additional sites. All FULTON COUNTY agencies will migrate to the new county network AND the city of Johns Creek, and Rural Metro EMS. County agencies meaning FCPD, FCSO, FC Marshals, FC schools police, all south county agencies including the cities of Palmetto, Fairburn, Union City and Chattahoochee Hills.

The new county system will be appearing very soon. It will be a staged migration with one channel a time being removed from the analog Smartnet and added to the new Astro 25 zone core until all users have been weened off the old system.

Keep in mind, both NEW systems are independent of each other, are run by totally separate governments, with nothing more in common than the same vendor.

FWIW, there may be ISSI roaming between the two systems for the north county cities on the new county network as their system does not have coverage downtown for court, jail transports, etc.

The north county cities want nothing to do with Fulton county. They want their own system and despite the cost savings of being a stakeholder in the new county network, have chosen to have their own separately managed and controlled system that their taxpayers are paying for.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
As an addendum, Johns Creek and R/MA will have the NFRRSA in their radio's for interoperability. Johns Creek is dispatched by ChattComm, so they will have to be a user on the system as well unless JC is going to open their own dispatch center - which is highly unlikely. Also, JC DOES have 4 TGs (x2 PD & x2 FD) assigned to them on the NFRRSA system, or at least according to the initial loadout.

Status
Not open for further replies.