NFRRA - Roswell Fire stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

uga_scanner

Roswell Fire is an agency feed, isn't it? Anyone know if it's been converted to the new system or not? I've been working over in that area but live near Athens and rely on the feed to keep up with goings on.

rfd320

Premium Subscriber
I've been told that it is gone and won't be returning.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I look at it this way, if keeping this system OFFLINE from streaming causes the powers that be to change their minds about rolling out encryption when they replace their fleet, I am totally fine with that. Online streaming is what allegedly caused those in Gwinnett, Clayton and Walton cited as their reasons for going encrypted.

Whether I believe them or not is beside the point, but it would be nice to be able to continue to monitor this system. Hopefully my fellow enthusiasts will "monitor responsibly" and remember that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. Keep what you hear on there to yourself. I know, I'm just dreaming out loud...

rfd320

Premium Subscriber
FWIW I was told this was a hardware / interface issue. Not so much a hiding from the public issue.

jim202

FWIW I was told this was a hardware / interface issue. Not so much a hiding from the public issue.

Sounds like you had better put your hip boots on with that story. Been in this business too many years to hear someone say you can't interface a radio to supply an external RX audio feed.

That is like saying the sun doesn't rise in the east.

N8IAA

Don't know where you were getting the Roswell feed, but, it is alive and Online here on RR at Broadcastify. The feed is provided by Roswell FD.
Larry

rfd320

Premium Subscriber
Hence my caveat. If it is still up that is great. Guess my source is no good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uga_scanner

I sure haven't heard anything on it, but maybe the people of Roswell have just been lucky when I've been listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.