Glynn County Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be moving to GC in August and was wondering if there are any issues with using my BCD996XT with the trunked system? Read through some of the posts but didn't seem like it would be an issue. It has the most recent firmware upgrade as well. Thanks.

N8IAA

I'm going to be moving to GC in August and was wondering if there are any issues with using my BCD996XT with the trunked system? Read through some of the posts but didn't seem like it would be an issue. It has the most recent firmware upgrade as well. Thanks.

According to the database, Glynn county is on an analog system. The only TG's on SEGARRN, are public works. Unless you want to monitor the state patrol. No police or fire. So, the 996 will work.
Larry

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
There is a digital trunked 800 system as well. Never mind I see the analog comment.

KFR_697

Great to hear!, what brings you to the area?..as Larry stated before me, yes what you have should do nicely, as Glynn County has still not migrated full time to the SEGARRN, with the exception of Public Works and the GA Port Authority Police. The majority, if not all, Glynn County services still use the analog smartnet system. To include Glynn County PD, S/O, and FD..Brunswick PD, FD..GA State Patrol and so on. When you get here you will want to plug in 854.8375, 856.0125, and 857.4375 as your system frequencies, as those are the three main freqs the system alternates through almost daily for the control channel. The TG's on the county page are fairly accurate, though some are slightly off and have inaccurate descriptions, I work in Glynn County so I have had plenty of time to do my homework on the system. I would recommend going into your settings and also switching "ID scan" to "ID search" as this will show unprogrammed and programmed TG's and broadcast the traffic on them, as I have noticed some TGs have popped up in the past that were not on the database.
I would also recommend going ahead and putting in the Glynn County SEGARRN site just so your ready for the switch over and you can hear the port authority police and the GSP units out of the Hinesville and Rincon posts, 772.5562 is the constant control channel freq. I would recommend also putting in the conventional GSP VHF hi-band frequencies, as there are two GSP posts in the county, on Jekyll Island and in Brunswick. Even though the Brunswick and Jekyll posts primarily communicate on the Glynn County TRS, they do have the ability to utilize the VHF band if they wish, or move outside of Glynn County a good ways to where they don't receive the tower for the 800. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Wow that is pretty detailed. Thanks for the information.

We are moving from Connecticut down to St Simons Island on a boat we are in the process of purchasing. Should be there by early to mid August. I'm a volunteer firefighter here in CT and would like to listen in on the action down there.

KFR_697

No problem!, when you have lived in the area as long as I have you learn how things work.
Ah okay, well I think you and your family will enjoy it here, it really is a pretty awesome area to work, live, and play..welcome to the area in advance!. Well if you will be relocating to St. Simons, you will want to pay close attention to Glynn County PD and FD, as St.Simons and Sea Island are under their jurisdiction. Very nice, I am a former volunteer firefighter myself in a neighboring county, Glynn County FD has a Volunteer Firefighter Association/program as well.. might be worth looking into if your interested in staying in volunteering.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I tried getting in touch with an email address I got of the Glynn County website but never received a response. Was interested in what they have available, not really looking to do firefighter though. I retired after 31 years. If you have any contact name or number, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

KFR_697

It would probably be best to make contact with them by phone perhaps, they have a Facebook page that you can "like" if you have a Facebook account, its Glynn County Volunteer Firefighters Inc., the number listed on that page is 912-280-5895 ..but if that's not accurate, I'm sure someone at the GCFD main line could get you pointed in the right direction, 912-554-7779

Status
Not open for further replies.