Cobb County System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardt0303

Traveling through GA last night I noticed Cobb County system is using phase 2. I have the uniden 536HP and it wasn't decoding it for some reason. I was just wondering if anyone has a answer to this problem.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
all of the talkgroups on the Cobb county system are phase 1 at this time. Were you getting a control channel? Talkgroup list up to date? The system here is VERY active and just about EVERYTHING is in the clear.

Start with the basics.

hardt0303

yes I have the update list in my scanner where it would usually P25 on the screen it was coming up PT0 and PT1 which is phase II . This is copied form the 536HP manual. Not arguing I don't know they may have been testing it. It was around 2 or 3 A.M.

P25 appears if the channel is receiving digitalized voice in Receive/Hold Modes (Disp. Unit ID Off-BCD436HP only).

PT0 appears if the channel is receiving Phase II time slot 0.

PT1 appears if the channel is receiving Phase II time slot 1.
PX0 appears if the channel is receiving X2 time slot 0.
PX1 appears if the channel is receiving X2 time slot 1.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I'm monitoring that system right now using an APX6000 (no affiliate scan method). All TGs are phase 1. Before I left for work, I turned on my RS Pro668 and it was receiving all talkgroups just fine, all are phase 1 as the fleet map has not changed.

I have no experience with the 436/536 other than I tried one out for a BRIEF time (I didn't program it). Maybe someone else who uses that radio here in Cobb and chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.