Griffin ga phase 1 scanning has ceased! Partly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth21w

I been listening to griffin phase 1 and it says its using phase 1. Phase 2 in test phase, but only one freq listed and nothing else on the p2 its showing everything still on p1. Today I turned on my scanner and garbled transmission and just stops on channel and no noise, some have open ended transmission. Who is in charge of updating the RR database? Please help so I can know how to handle this.

SCPD

QRT
Is it just phase 2 or they using enc also? If it's just phase 2 a phase 2 scanner should work.

SCPD

QRT
I believe the 396xt is not phase 2 capable. You would have to get a phase 2 capable scanner. Some one may correct me if I'm wrong. Is it possible they just are using secure?

seth21w

Yes I know this but if you click the link above you will see there is no control freq to program for phase 2 but obviously I will need a p2 scanner when someone adds something to the database...

SCPD

QRT
If the scanner purchased has the discovery feature or something it called you can find it that way. Therr is unitrunker and other programs to map out frequencies and talkgroups. One start would be to use the listed frequencies and go from there and have the scanner in the search or discovery mode.

N8IAA

Yes I know this but if you click the link above you will see there is no control freq to program for phase 2 but obviously I will need a p2 scanner when someone adds something to the database...

Yes there is a Control Channel. Only one, in RED for the Phase II system.
Program it into the scanner and monitor the system. You may want to put the scanner in ID search mode.
Larry

seth21w

Yes there is a Control Channel. Only one, in RED for the Phase II system.
Program it into the scanner and monitor the system. You may want to put the scanner in ID search mode.
Larry

I did and I have both programmed in I've been monitoring the phase 1 for 2 months now no problem it has said that phase 2 test mode the entire time. Its being tested at times I guess but the database is not complete for phase 2 and they haven't updated RR database. This is the first day of this crap. If they are going p2 fine I will sell my 396 and get a 325 but the system is split half p1 half p2. Just from what I am hearing.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
You are aware, I am sure that the databases at RR are maintained and updated by the users. So the information is only as good as the users make it. It's conceivable that no one has submitted updated information to the database admin.

Not the answer you want, but how can the admins update what they don't know?

stgilmer

Same here, need help

I am getting the same thing for the last 3 days. Getting part of the transmission but some come in clear. Almost like there isnt signal strength. And its constanly changing from VC to DG back and forth. I have a Pro-106. Please help, what do i need to do? I havent added anything/changed anything since it started.

seth21w

I am getting the same thing for the last 3 days. Getting part of the transmission but some come in clear. Almost like there isnt signal strength. And its constanly changing from VC to DG back and forth. I have a Pro-106. Please help, what do i need to do? I havent added anything/changed anything since it started.

Yes they have changed something, at first I thought my radio had went bad, but its not the case if you are having the same experience, the last person who updated the Spalding county site I have messaged to find out if something has changed. When I hear back I will post up. And thanks for your input. The worst I'm afraid is happening, they are switching to phase 2.

stgilmer

The worst I'm afraid is happening, they are switching to phase 2.

I'm lost what does Phase 2 mean? Encrypted?
I added the one CC for phase 2 in the database but still does the same.

Last edited:

SimpleSkye

P25 Phase 2 means that each channel can have 2 simultaneous talk groups active at once. You need to have a Phase 2 capable scanner or a newer radio to listen to it. This basically doubles the capacity of the system.

Phase 2 doesn't mean automatic encryption.

seth21w

Thanks for the video, yeah that's exactly what mine is doing, as for phase 2 it isn't encrypted but you basically have to get a new scanner phase 2 capable, if your looking handheld, the options now are poor at best, bcd325p2, hp2, or 436hp. Which the 436hp has been having a lot of recall issues, and the 325 is like the 396 but holds only 2 aa's and won't last 4 hours. Not to mention they are 300-500 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.