Best Scanner for use in Valdosta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlastairC

If anyone using or have any recommendations on which performs best monitoring Valdosta system. Just moved down here and found I am living in a lightning strike zone so antenna will have to be in the attic of my other garage.

Just want to get something that will last a while. I do have an old BC796D, Icom IC-R 7100 and a Icom IC-R95.

AlastairC

Thanks Larry,

I ordered a Uniden BCD996P2 just to cover all the bases. Also I am going to getting ProScan to control the scanner.
Thanks for your help.

DX904

Keep in mind that the local public safety network is currently changing. They had been running on a rebanded p-25 system, but ongoing upgrades have changed things enough to render my old pro-96 obsolete.

AlastairC

Valdosta has migrated to the Lowndes County Public Safety DTRS. Looks like its all changing over in 2-3 weeks. Heard on Simulcast that if anyone hadn't flashed their radio's then to do so.

puzzleriddle

Keep in mind that the local public safety network is currently changing. They had been running on a rebanded p-25 system, but ongoing upgrades have changed things enough to render my old pro-96 obsolete.

what changed to make your 96 obsolete?

briconellis

From what I have been able to monitor the entire system is encrypted. Granted it doesn't look like all tgs are active yet, all of the ones that are have encryption in place... Sucks to be us.<br />
<br />
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

COUNTRYBORN

Premium Subscriber
From what I have been able to monitor the entire system is encrypted. Granted it doesn't look like all tgs are active yet, all of the ones that are have encryption in place... Sucks to be us.<br />
<br />

What scanner are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.