Narcotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I observed a Richmond County narcotics deputy the other day, he was using a VHF Motorola APX radio instead of the usual 800 mhz radio. The radio he was using had a wide band VHF on it so, it looks like we have a have a new challenge in finding some new frequencies. Time to scan the bands folks....

kf5bti

My local pd is on a 800mhz motoroloa trunking system but uses one of the MURS frequencies for car to car coms. From some of the things I have heard I don't think they know anyone with a scanner can listen! Lots of profiling people and bragging about how many people ticketed.

SCPD

QRT
It's possible... the antenna looked exactly like the VHF wide band version I have on my XTS5000 though.

SCPD

QRT
Nothing new with agencies. They use any frequency they can and are authorized for. From sanitation to inputs. Smaller no man's land I've seen older licenses which happened to be murs freqs grandfathered over for itinerant use. Just becuase a agency joins a Trs doesn't mean they abandon uhf or vhf etc. If the license is good another 10 years sure it can be used and will be used.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
I observed a Richmond County narcotics deputy the other day, he was using a VHF Motorola APX radio instead of the usual 800 mhz radio. The radio he was using had a wide band VHF on it so, it looks like we have a have a new challenge in finding some new frequencies. Time to scan the bands folks....

Some of the narcotics investigators and deputies are also attached to federal task forces. For task force activities they all use VHP P-25 Conventional - all encrypted. There are two such task forces covering Richmond County, one is a DEA task force, the other is the Sout Easter Regional Fugitive Task force. Both task forces are comprised of DEA, USMS, FBI, ICE, and local investigators.

You will seldom hear any of their comms in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.